Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: Maximize pane through code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: Maximize pane through code
    Posted: 18 February 2008 at 7:23am
Hi,

Is it possible to maximize,minimize and pin pane with code?

Thanks in advance

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 9:54am
Hi,

Possible to Hide - Manager.HidePane Pane.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 11:39am
Oleg,

That is not what I asked?

This is what I asked:
Is it possible to max-min-pin a pane? If not, you say: NO, its not possible. If YES you say: this is how ..... Or maybe yes it will be possible in version 12.0

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 2:43pm
Hi,

What is "Pin"? I wrote answer for Pin = Hide.
There are no methods for Min and Max, but we will add them.
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 4:57pm
Oleg,

I thought you would understand pin. I ment by pin: autohide.
So maximize and minimize are going to be implemented in the next version? Right on

Thanks
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 1:17am
So whats problem was with my first answer - I answered "Possible to Hide" and showed code
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 6:48am
Oleg,

There was nothing wrong with your answer. I only wanted to have an answer to the other two options as well. That's all. Now I know max & min will be in the next version, I can't wait

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 1:36pm
I downloaded the evaluation version 12.0 and found the added DockingPane.Maximixed property but did not find the Maximize or Restore methods. How can we maximize a pane to full screen and then restore it?

Thanks
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 2:11pm

Hi,

I think maximized means when panes docked together you can maximize one of the panes and the other ones are minimized. Like this:

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 2:32pm
OK, I get it. So there is no way to simply take a pane to full screen except to float it and resize it from the corner with the mouse.

Thanks
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 2:47pm
Hi,

You can also size and position the pane in your code.

younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:35pm
or maybe you could use the hideclient property.

DockingPane.Options.HideClient = TRUE to maximize your pane

then

DockingPane.Options.HideClient = FALSE to restore your pane.

i dont know if this is what your looking for
DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:02pm
I wanted to use the PanePopupMenu to make a floating pane go full screen. This way they can inspect all of a spread or drawing more easily. Thanks for your help though.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:17am
Originally posted by younicke younicke wrote:

or maybe you could use the hideclient property.

Hi,

If you have only one pane you could use this, when having more than one pane you have to hide the other panes in order to get the whole clientarea.

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 8:57am
It sounds like that should work. I have 4 or 5 panes so I will have to hide the others. So far I have been unable to get Manager.HidePane Pane to work. It just does not do anything. I must have something wrong. Interestingly I can use Pane.Close and it works. Thanks for your help.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:21pm

Hi,

This will hide the pane:

DockingPane.FindPane(1).Hide

or

DockingPane.HidePane DockingPane.FindPane(1)

hiding all panes at once:

Dim pane As XtremeDockingPane.pane
    For Each pane In DockingPane
        If pane.Id <> 2 Then '2 = index of the pane you want to size to full screen"
            pane.Hide
        End If
    Next pane

It's also possible to close the panes but this way you can always select the other panes.

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:42pm
Hi,

Well, I don't know what I have done but DockingPane.FindPane(1).Hide has no effect. I can however, use Pane.Close and DockingPane.ShowPane(1) to bring the pane back and it works fine. I can see no problem with doing it that way. Even with the pane closed the code inside it seems to run normally. Do you think I may have a problem doing it this way?

Thanks again.
younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:03pm
could you attach some sample code so we could possibly help you?
DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:20pm
Hi,

I found the problem with the DockingPane.FindPane(1).Hide not working. I had  Pane.Options = PaneNoCloseable + PaneHasMenuButton + PaneNoHideable so I suppose it is no wonder that it wouldn't hide even from code. It does however, Close from code with PaneNoCloseable.  Anyway, I think I have that sorted out now.

I just need to continue to dig around in it and improve my understanding of Docking Panes.

I do have one anomaly that pops up from time to time. After selecting or manipulating panes etc. all of the controls suddenly become unresponsive. The pane tabs etc. still work but nothing else. But if I just click on the desktop then everything returns to normal. I must be stepping on something but I don't know what. The application I am working on is quite large and that makes some things harder to sort out.

Thank you both very much for being willing to help.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:22pm
Hi,

*    DockingPane.FindPane(<the id of the created pane comes here>).Hide

*    Closing a pane is not destroying the pane , only not showing it anymore

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:31pm
That confirms the understanding I was arriving to. Thanks.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by DigiDog DigiDog wrote:

Hi,

I do have one anomaly that pops up from time to time. After selecting or manipulating panes etc. all of the controls suddenly become unresponsive. The pane tabs etc. still work but nothing else. But if I just click on the desktop then everything returns to normal. I must be stepping on something but I don't know what. The application I am working on is quite large and that makes some things harder to sort out.

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken there was some post with the same problem. If I accidentally run in to it, I let you know. And good luck with Docking Panes

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 3:18pm
Thanks. I would really appreciate that.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:36am
Hi,

This is what I found:

Maybe it's related to your problem?

DigiDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigiDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 11:52am
It may in effect be the same bug but he has a simple app with a repeatable problem. I have a very large app and the problem only happens occasionaly making it hard to know what series of events causes the freeze. Perhaps in time (hopefully not too much time) I will see a pattern. Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic