Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Workspace disappears even in Codekjock sample  app
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Workspace disappears even in Codekjock sample app

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dexter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Workspace disappears even in Codekjock sample app
    Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:28pm
I'm using multiple workspaces as implemented in the Codejock sample application
    GUI_VisualStudio_vc80.sln
The following behavoir is the same in both applications (mine and yours).

When I have two, vertically oriented workspaces and I click and drag the splitter bar all the way to the left the splitter bar is still there, nudged firmly up alongside the left edge of the workspace, and I can click on it and drag it back to the middle or anywhere else.

However when I drag it all the way to the right and release it it disappears and there is no way to drag it back. This effectively makes any tabs that were in the right-hand workspace useless. The only way to get them back is to remove all the tabs from the left-hand workspace so that workspace will be closed after which the second workspace becomes visible again.

In the real Visual Studio 2005 the splitters are stopped from going all the way to the edge. I do like the Codejock implementation when dragged to the left (i.e. flush up against the edge of the workspace) but when dragged to the right and it can't be recovered it looks like (and is?) a bug to my users.

Any way to correct this or any suggested workarounds?

Thanks,
Dexter at FileBoss

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic