FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vista support for previous versions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vista support for previous versions
    Posted: 15 February 2008 at 12:10pm
It is hard to say as we didn't test 9.60 in Vista.  Only versions that are out after Vista was released are guaranteed to work.  Although versions that were out during the Betas of Vista would probably be fine as well. 

I know for one that the translation dlls were not signed back then, and I'm pretty sure OCX files were not signed until 9.81.  You would need that for the Vista certification.

I remember some other things like the DatePicker in a PropertyGrid would crash on Vista, but that has been fixed a long time ago.

I highly recommend you upgrade if you want to run on Vista.  If not, then you will need to do allot of testing yourself as most people who develop for Vista use a more current version.
JasonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 11:59am
Oleg,

Thank you.
I do realize that 9.60 was not initially developed with any knowledge of Vista.  Unfortunately, we may or may not have the option of upgrading, depending on the risks involved.

Whether 9.60 actually has trouble with Vista may not be known.  But if anything is known, that is the information I am seeking, and would appreciate, if anyone knows where to find it.

My thanks for any help,

Jason
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:43am
Hi,
9.60 was released even before Vista. I very recommend you update it.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
JasonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 4:00pm
Hello all,
I am working on a VB6 project that makes use of version 9.60.1 of the CommandBars.  We will be certifying our product with Vista for the next release.

Does anyone know where I might find documentation of compatibility of this version of CommandBars with Vista?  Has anyone had any issues with this product and vista?

Thanks,

JasonJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic