Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RBUTTONDOWN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwurm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RBUTTONDOWN
    Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:03am

Hello,

It appears that the CXTPPropertyGrid swallows most Window messages it receives and, in partilular, does not treat the RBUTTONDOWN. There is no virtual message available for this message, even though there are some for 

virtual void OnLButtonDblClk();
virtual BOOL OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point);

However, I would need a OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) to pop up a context menu. Any idea on how to do it (except as by abusing the existing messages, which would be inconsistent) ?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:37am
XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY, XTP_PGN_RCLICK.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
pwurm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwurm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 2:21pm
Hello, thanks for your answer.
How would I use  XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY and XTP_PGN_RCLICK ?
It appears that XTP_PGN_RCLICK is not defined in my version of the propertyGrid,
which I believe is v 8.60.
I would like to have a message handler for the individual item, not the grid.
Therefore I will add virtual OnRButtonDown to the PropertyGridItem and to the
View. I hope this works.
peter

Edited by pwurm
pwurm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwurm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 2:22am

Hello Oleg,

I was hoping you could tell me how to use XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY and XTP_PGN_RCLICK as you suggested. I can intercept the XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY in the parent window; however, XTP_PGN_RCLICK does not exist. What did you mean?

Thanks for a response,

peter

nicolnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 6:21am

I use xtreme toolkit pro 8.70, it seems that XTP_PGN_RCLICK  is not defined in the version. But int the manual, XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY message can only handle follow actions: XTP_PGN_SORTORDER_CHANGED,XTP_PGN_SELECTION_CHANGED ,XTP_PGN_ITEMVALUE_CHANGED ,XTP_PGN_EDIT_CHANGED. The other actions, such as XTP_PGN_DBLCLICK, XTP_PGN_DRAWITEM, XTP_PGN_INPLACEBUTTONDOWN, are not be supported.

So, if I want to do something according the user's action on propertygrid item, how can I do?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic