Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.NET screaming from the foor tops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .NET screaming from the foor tops
    Posted: 18 January 2008 at 9:00am

Hi,

I am a customer who has been for a long time wating for the .net version of the popup control written in .net 2.0 and other fantastic codejock controls. Do you have a delivery schedule for a 100% managed code *release* version of the popup control?

Regards

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 1:36pm
:-( we don't have delivery schedule for .NET controls.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 4:18pm
I too am waiting for .NET controls. My subscription has expired, and I am not sure if I want to renew for this reason. Plus, there is no transfer from ActiveX to .NET. I just never ever ever use VB6, and I don't like using unmanaged code in .NET.

Such a delima.
Ben
QAS Information Systems
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:34am
Hi,

We are working on several new .NET components and are hoping to begin introducing new controls by second quarter 2008 in addition to the .NET ShortcutBar and TaskPanel which are already available.

Regards,
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
WaaZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:41am
Any elaboration would be fantastic. I can keep a secret. 
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 12:07am
Mostly, the skin framework is what I am most interested in. I like all of your components, but a good, easy to use skin framework is rare, and a 100% type safe managed skin framework is non existent (as far as I know, and I have looked). I will definitely buy again if when you put out a 100% type safe managed skin framework. For now, I am not going to renew my subscription, sorry. I wish there was a notification list that I could submit my email to so that I could be notified when that comes out. Of course, I would definitely get the entire suite. You guys have great products, but you don't have the tools I need right now.
Ben
QAS Information Systems
wlcabral View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wlcabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 12:53pm
I just can't understand.. If you like the product, you need to keep your subscription and continue to send your opinions.

wlcabral
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 11:14pm
I appreciate your perspective, but why would I pay for a product I won't be using? The .NET components will not be included in the ActiveX Suite, from what I was told.

I am sure codejock will not mind me keeping tabs on their progress, and offering my suggestions on the .NET components. Their receptiveness to my input will encourage me to purchase the .NET suite and keep my subscription with that product line. I was with codejock for a long time, not renewing my subscription and waiting until the .NET components are released is a matter of economics, not a statement about the quality of any of their products. I just can't justify paying for something I won't be using. Plus, I can save that money to pay for the .NET components.

I am in the process of developing a new project to be completed in a year, and I am hoping that the .NET skin framework will be released within the year so that my application can look sexy.
Ben
QAS Information Systems
enjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 1:18pm
Using COM with .NET is totally ok, using .NET in VB6 is stupid !
SuitePro ActiveX User
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic