Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Controls to Items.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Controls to Items.
    Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:01pm
I can't seem to get any non-intrinsic controls to be added as Items. A simple VB Textbox, Checkbox  or Commandbutton will add fine as an item, but controls that I have in my project will not be added. No error is shown, they just are not added to the group as an Item.

If I place them on a container object, such as a frame or picturebox they add fine, but unfortuanately this is not possible in my project because additional controls are added dynamically. For example I have one of each in a project with an Index of 0. Any additional controls required are created using the load routine. As I said this works fine with Intrinsic controls, but not custom ones.

I do have another Explorerbar type control that this works fine with, but not with the CodeJock taskPanel.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:15pm
Never Mind...Found this and it worked...
Hi, Add
property to UserControl:

Public Property Get hWnd() As Long
hWnd = UserControl.hWnd
End Property

and add it to TaskPanel:
  Set Item = Group.Items.Add(ID_TASKITEM_MYDOCUMENTS, "My Documents", xtpTaskItemTypeControl, 8)
 Item.SetHandle UserControl11.hWnd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic