Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No title bar?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No title bar?
    Posted: 12 July 2004 at 8:53am

Hi,

How do you make a pane with no title bar?

I have a pane thats acting effectivly just as a splitter using all the options below but it looks stupid with an empty title bar across the top of it.

Dim A As Pane
    A.Options = PaneNoCloseable Or PaneNoFloatable Or PaneNoHideable

Any help appreciated.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 9:04am
This is now possibel.....See post below:)

Edited by SuperMario
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 9:41am

There doesnt seem to be much you CAN do with the docking pane.

For $225 you get a docking pane that :
you cant move / position with code
you cant float with code
you cant resize with code
comes with very vague documentation
and you cant even hide its title bar to make it work in its most basic function as a splitter.

The only practicle things I have been able to do with a pane once I have created it is to hide it and then show it again.

I am finding it hard to justify to myself why I purchased this product when there are free / open source projects that do more than this product seems to do.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 10:37am
In the next release, you can remove the title bar from all the panes with the code below:
    DockingPaneManager.Options.ShowCaption = False
shoq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:35am
This seems to be a good place to ask this question

My programming partner already owns this product, but he doesn't have time to explore this.  So while I don't fully understand the product, he does, and I will share any replies with him.
I am familiar with many docking events in delphi apps, but not VB, so bear with me.

I am concerned that the user above minds many things impossible with code.  So let me explain both things that I want to do, and someone might tell me if its doable.

1) I need to intervene while the user is dragging to a potential dock, and either accept, reject or retarget the "docking  position" based on other variables.  Can I assume there is an "on_docking" event of some kind where I might:
     a) know the current dockng position/and coordiates, and

b) programmatically control the final docking position?

These are probably things my partner knows already, but he's unavailable for a few days, so a simple yes or no to a/b will help me a lot.

2) I would like to make the Client region of a window draggable, rather than via the titlebar. In Delphi  I would simply intercept the  mousedown WM_CLIENT message, and change it to a WM_CAPTION.  And poof, the entire window can be dragged by a mousedow anywhere on the client area.   Can we do this with this control without too much effort?

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 2:50pm
Maui,
You can now hide individual pane captions.
shoq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 4:37pm
Mario.. might my question get answered in another thread?
I don't like cross posting. I'm a bit surprised no one answered
Any suggestions as to how i get this answered?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 7:01pm
shoq, I would send an email to support.  I will answer what I can.

1. See Action event.
    a. I don't think so.
    b. Yes, by destroying the pane and then create a new pane and dock it in the desired position, you attach the object to this new form.

2.  Again, I don't think so, but send in an email so development can take a look at it.
mwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:47am
You can hide the caption to a docking pane by something like this:

CXTPDockingPane* pwndDockPane = m_paneManager.CreatePane(
        IDS_DOCK_ID, CRect(0, 0,200, 120), xtpPaneDockBottom);  // Normal Creation code...
pwndDockPane->SetOptions(xtpPaneNoCaption); // This is the good stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic