Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Syntax Edit
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Great component, but I have a few a questions...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great component, but I have a few a questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew@casoftw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great component, but I have a few a questions...
    Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:33pm
Hi,

This is a superb component and would be willing to use it in our developement software (to edit multi-value basic code - jBASE, D3, Universe, Unidata and CACHE) but on my current editor, which I wrote myself, I have a few functions which my other developers and users would not like to lose.

Is it possible or more to the point how would I:

1. Select All (simple I'm sure)?
2. Finding text (again simple but not quite sure how)?
3. Retrieving the whole or partial text from the code?
4. When I press the tab key, it doesn't do anything. Plus our editor does 4 spaces for the first tab followed by 3 - is that at all possible i.e. interrupting the keypress and replace it with other text?
5. We show a help bubble when they hover over a keyword, can I capture mouse movement and if so how would I capture the keyword the mouse is hovering over?
6. Is there a way of capturing a keypress as when they press F3 on a keyword, the relevant help page opens up (similar to question 5 but with a keypress)?

I believe if I could accomplish all of the above, my developers would be so truly grateful.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Matt.
Matt C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic