Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concerned - Is any one there?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concerned - Is any one there?
    Posted: 22 November 2007 at 1:37pm
I'm about ready to buy. But no one in sales is responding. (I'm in North America)
I sent a question 3 days ago. No response.
I sent the info for the special offer pricing yesterday. No response.
I called just now. No one is there. Not sales. Not the operator.
(terrible sounding phone system, by the way)

I'm concerned ... Is this company just run by hobbyists?
I can appreciate that their product may fall into the catagory of a small, niche market, and, if so, that the "employees" may also need full time jobs. But I'd like to know how stable this company really is. I mean, if they have a request for a pending order, I would think that they would jump on it.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 2:30pm
I'd say it's a solid company which is in business for many years. Usually they respond very quickly. Have you sent your email to sales@codejock.com ?

Codejock support
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 2:46pm
yup! Both times. I got one of those automated responses over a day after I sent the first e-mail. But no live person. An automated response is usually instantaneous, so I thought that was wierd as well.

It gave me a number to call (with a "1" extension for sales) for live assistance, which is what I called at around 1:30 today.

I checked their street address. I'm wondering if it may be a house. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, as many programmers work from home. But, again, it goes to my initial concern. It's easy to appear as a large company on a website. And why is it that support questions are only answered by the main moderator over night? It all goes to my concern that this is a one or two man, part time, operation.

I appologize to the company if I am wrong. But the series of events has lead me to this very possible conclusion.

All I want is to get my competitive upgrade discount and place my order.

Edit:
3:10 PM EST ... Tried again. No one there in sales or the "operator". Left a message.
Shragel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shragel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 4:40pm
They are usually very responsive. They might be closed for thanksgiving.
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 4:58pm
Ohhhh! I thought Monday was Thanksgiving in the US. Well, that explains why no phones today. My bad.

But what about no e-mail response on the previous 2 days? Admitedly, maybe they didn't have time since my last e-mail was sent mid afternoon yesterday. 

I hope someone in sales shows up to work on Friday. I found myself in a situation where a client suddenly needs their app right away, and I need to get my discount info and register Suite Pro asap.
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 10:13pm
10:00 pm and they got back to me! YEEEAAAA!!! I'm happy now.

Perhaps I was just too impatient, given the US holiday. It's ok with me if the admin wishes to delete this topic.

Thanks Codejock!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic