Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Syntax Edit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone beta testing Syntax Edit in 11.2.1?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone beta testing Syntax Edit in 11.2.1?
    Posted: 25 October 2007 at 12:53pm
Hello,

Is anyone beta testing Syntax Edit in 11.2.1?
Any feedback ? I am wondering if I should sign up for beta test.

Tomasz

fork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 9:27pm
The performance of the Syntax Edit in 11.2.1 is very poor.
I open a CPP file with its sample, and select all the text and copy it to the end of the file, and then select and copy, the reaction is more and more slow, when the total lines exceed almost 10000, and then copy and paste, the editor almost halts...
Except this, Other funtions seem well.
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 7:55pm

Yes I downloaded 11.2.1 and tested SE. Only few fixes but still show-stopper bugs and poor performance see: https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8518&PID=27739#27739

Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:15pm
Thanks for heads up. I tried beta and I confirm your findings and I found a couple more bugs: https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8518&FID=18&PR=3&PID=27741#27741
AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 3:03pm
The problem with many copy/paste fixed.
Thanks.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 5:12am
Guys, we should put our votes on "Performance". Just look at the syntax edit control. It's unusable due to its poor performance.
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 1:49pm

Agreed. This control needs to be speeded up by factor of 10 at least. CJ: Please use the profiler!

AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 3:05pm
Tomasz,
we use profiler and speed upped many parts of code,
but some parts cannot be otimized by such way.
We have to rewrite/change some mechanisms and ways of interaction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic