Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Syntax Edit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SyntaxEdit v Scintilla

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SyntaxEdit v Scintilla
    Posted: 24 October 2007 at 5:48am
We use Codejock and think it a cracking product but currently SyntaxEdit is lacking in several features that are really crucial to a good user experience as well as development needs; features such as "intellisense" and dynamic configuration. We are, as I'm sure are many others, looking at scintilla. Scintilla provides just about everything out of the box and is easily tweaked but it can't compete with the Codejock support. We would like to use SE but we (and I'm sure many others on the fourm) need to know what the roadmap is for future feature additions so that we can plan our development.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 10:51am
I have to agree here. At the moment Scintilla outperforms SE and also provides some features that SE lacks (such as a runtime tokenizer for syntax coloring).
SE has great potential. Sure hope that SE will be as good in the end.

Like keithm said, what does the roadmap look like for SE?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic