Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Categories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Categories
    Posted: 03 June 2004 at 1:59am

How can I add items and ADD or USE categories previously added into the control? My application adds Field names from a table, these field names must be loaded to the correct category section of the property grid, the first 3 fields may need to go to CATEGORY A, the next, CATEGORY B, and the next field may need to go to CATEGORY A - If I add the category on every item, (set Category = wndPropertyGrid.AddCategory("Category") I get DUPLICATE categories... How can I accomplish this? Keep in mind that I don't really know how many categories will be loaded into the control until every item is added and analyzed. May be using wndPropertyGrid.FindItem.....????? Thank you! 

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2004 at 6:43am
Yes, you will need to use the FindItem method to reference the category you want to add items to.
vbuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2004 at 12:54am
Can you please provide an example in how to look for the category, then assign the object so that more items can be added to the matching category... I've tried in many ways and looked at the available help - As usual the HELP on ALL of these components is BAD - Gives only internal references and NO REAL world examples in how to implement it. Thank you!
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2004 at 6:42am
Ok, say you add 2 categories, "Application" and "Project," now you want to find the "Application" category so you can add more items.  Try something like this:

Dim Category As PropertyGridItem

Set Category = wndPropertyGrid.AddCategory("Application")
    Category.AddChildItemBinded PropertyItemString, Me, "Namespace"
    Category.AddChildItemBinded PropertyItemString, Me, "Startup Object"

Set Category = wndPropertyGrid.AddCategory("Project")
    Category.AddChildItemBinded PropertyItemString, Me, "Application Icon"

Set Category = wndPropertyGrid.FindItem("Application")
    If Not Category Is Nothing Then
        Category.AddChildItemBinded PropertyItemString, Me, "Project File"
        Category.AddChildItemBinded PropertyItemString, Me, "Project Folder"
    End If

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic