Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disable Subject Editing in Day, Week, Month View?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disable Subject Editing in Day, Week, Month View?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve_murch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable Subject Editing in Day, Week, Month View?
    Posted: 16 September 2007 at 2:51pm

Hi there,

Two (hopefully) quick and related questions about this excellent control:

1)  How can I disable the automatic subject editing in the Day/Week/Month views?  I.e., when you right-click on the event, it starts an in-place edit that lets you change the subject.  I'd like to disable this.

2)  How do I trap the right mouse button for a visible calendar event?  In my application, I'm adding specific objects to a calendar, and I want to control the editing and context-menus within my own dialogs.

steve_murch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve_murch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 2:52pm

correction in 1 -- when you left-click on the event, it starts an in-place edit.  question still stands... thanks

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 5:23pm
Hi,

1)
You have to handle events XTP_NC_CALENDAR_IS_EVENT_EDIT_OPERATION_DISABLED and XTP_NC_CALENDAR_BEFORE_EVENT_EDIT_OPERATION.

To disable a specific editing operation it is enough to set *pbCancel = TRUE.

For an example see CalendarDemo sample application, method CCalendarDemoView::OnEvent_IsEditActionDisabled.

2) Handle XTP_NC_CALENDARCONTEXTMENU event. An example is available in the same sample.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic