Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

resizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmm2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: resizer
    Posted: 06 September 2007 at 3:43pm
hi,
is there anybody out there who can help me understand how to use the resizer conytol?
thank you,
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 2:14am

Hi,

RTFM :) Seriously, too much complains about our Help, but nobody even read it. Please check front page for Resizer control in SymbolReference.chm.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
cmm2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmm2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 10:20am
hi,
most of us needs a hands on in order to understand how to use some controls.
I suggest (this is only a suggestion), Codejock Software may need to add to their web site a page where the user can visit, and check a video on how to use the components, this way all of us can watch and pause the video untill we learn how to use them.
once again, this is a suggestion.
About the complaints, well sometime, we post a question(s) and we don't hear anything from nobody, and when we do hear something, the answer  it's not clear enough.
Thank you,
Zookeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zookeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 6:36pm
I'm a new user.  I checked out the help file before coming here looking for answers.  The "RTFM" comment was a bit harsh.  Call me stupid but I did RTFM and it had precious little to say.  What it did say didn't make sense to me.  The instruction "Size X = 100; Y = 0 which makes the controls width grow at the same rate as the width of the resizer" didn't work that way for me.  Indeed, the values for Size aren't even X and Y; they are W and H.  I used those values on a pushbutton control for W and H and its width did not grow at the same rate as the form.  It grew at a larger rate.  It also didn't return to its original size after I returned the form to its original size if I resize the form to a smaller size than it started in and then returned it.  Is this a bug in the Resizer control or am I just not understanding "TFM"?  Setting the Minimum Size to it's size at design time works for the horizontal value but not the verticle one.  It allows the height to be sized below the minimum value I set at design time.  If the resizer control's height is 3405 at design time and I don't want the height of the form it is covering to be reduced below the starting size I have to set the minimum height to 3700.  That looks like a bug to me.  Or am I just not understanding "TFM"?
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 9:00am
Hi,

I agree on most things you said but not all. What Oleg is saying: Most programmers do not read before they begin. Only when having problems they go ohhhh yes maybe it will be explained in the help. Me included  At first I didn't knew there was one hahaha. First you have to see progress and when things get complicated you check it. And some do read it but if the Help isn't that wonderfull they won't do that anymore. So only a few will check the help and the rest will keep bugging the support team with their, sometimes, simple questions

But you are right with one thing, the resizer is difficult to understand (or it doesn't work as it should be....) I tried but I could not get it right. So I'm not using it right now (give me a great sample and who knows....)

Why don't we have a poll with the resizer? I'm curious who uses this control and is satisfied with it. And maybe we could learn something without having to read the entire help
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 2:12am
I can't even find what you guys are talking about :(

I've looked in the 11.2.2 help, and the 12.0 help.  I've searched for resize, and resizer control.

I only get things like

CXTResize
CXTResizeDialog
CXTResizeFormView
CXTResizeGroupBox
CXTResizeItem
CXTResizePoint
CXTResizePropertyPage

etc etc... what is "Resizer control"???
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 2:35am
sorry... got to this topic by a search - neglected to notice that it's about the Active-X forum.

I suppose there is no "Resizer control" for the C++ MFC edition then?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 1:20pm
Hi,
CXTResize* classes do same in MFC version. See how they work in PropertyGrid sample.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 6:46pm
OK, thanks

I thought it might have been something else (like a Zoom View).

Those CXTResize are only for automatically resizing controls on a form or dialog right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic