Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are ’Flags’ values for ShowPopup?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are ’Flags’ values for ShowPopup?
    Posted: 28 May 2004 at 8:09am

The first parameter of the ShowPopup method of CommandBars is 'Flags'.  The ActiveX help file describes this as 'The flags for the popup', but there is no mention of what the valid values are for this parameter.

Can someone please provide some insight into the appropriate values for this parameter and the impact those flags will have on the ShowPopup method?

Thanks!

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 8:25am
Constants will be added in the next release, I will list the constant names (valid in next release) and their corresponding values which you will have to use right now:

TPM_RETURNCMD = 256 (&H100)
TPM_RIGHTALIGN = 8
TPM_RIGHTBUTTON = 2

TPM_RETURNCMD - Returns value instead  execute event.
TPM_RIGHTALIGN - Right aligns the menu starting from the x and y coordinates.
TPM_RIGHTBUTTON -  Allows you to choose a menu item using a right click.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 8:33am
Thanks.  TPM_RIGHTALIGN is exactly what I was hoping to find
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 9:10am

I found a small bug with the TPM_RIGHTALIGN flag.  If there is not enough room on the screen to display the menu right-aligned, it defaults to left-aligned.  What it should do is shift the menu to the right until it could be fully displayed.

The following screen print illustrates the issue.  The first item shows typical behavior.  The second item shows the "unexpected" behavior of loosing the right-align property.  The third item shows what I would expect the second item to look like.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic