Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Retrieving data from a PropertyGrid....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retrieving data from a PropertyGrid....
    Posted: 26 May 2004 at 3:35pm

What's the best way to walk through a property grid and grab all the data?  Each branch has multiple children, like a tree control.  I wrote a recursive function to go from the top to the bottom, but it skips some lines.  I was hoping for something like "GetRow(rowNumber)" or something....

Please Help!

Thanks!

- David

ddyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 10:10am

Why does your recursive descent skip lines? 

One way to get the data is to be proactive about it and snag it on a  XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY event.

The problem with that is if your grid looses focus, you won't get the event.  For example, you could have had a custom toolbar on the propertygrid that takes action on the grid contents.

ddlittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 11:25am

We are populating the PG from a file, and re-writing that file from the data in the PG (there isn't really an internal data structure), so catching XTPWM_PROPERTRYGRID_NOTIFY would only catch what the user has modified.  We need to whole grid...

I think I've solved the recursive read thing, but still hare having some problems with UI type stuff, like cut/copy/paste.

Thanks!

-David

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic