Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

background image in Skinned tab control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: background image in Skinned tab control
    Posted: 17 July 2007 at 3:25am
hi

how can one get the background image to show through for a tab control?

We have our own tab control class that we can add panes to using a dialog resource.  Since it uses code based on CDialog to build the pane, it shows the background colour of the pane as being the button face color.

however, due to background images, this means we get a weird border round the pane, and it doesn't show the correct colour.  I've tried overriding OnCtlColor, but since the background is an image, I'm picking I can't get an HBRUSH to return.

I also tried making the dialog resource transparent, but that didn't do anything (possibly MFC ignores it?).

Also, in some schemas (like the iTunes one), the metrics are different (i.e iTunes adds a 5px top line to the background image).  Is there an API we can use to get these offsets so we can offset the pane?

Or am I wasting my time with our own tab control class, and I should just use a CodeJock one?  We've got a lot of legacy code to port if I can't use our old one...

Anyone done this before?

Adrien
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 9:47am

Hello,

to understand what do  you do send to support@codejock.com sample project with screenshot what do you want to see.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 6:41pm
Hi

I changed over one of our dialogs from our own tab control dialog class to a CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage implementation.

now it shows the proper background image (i.e. brushed metal in iTunes skin) rather than the button face color of a normal dialog background.

Deadly_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadly_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:36am
I wish it were that simple in C#.  We had to write some extra code for our app to show the background.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic