Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Appointment Conflicts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Appointment Conflicts
    Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:50pm
I have several clients that want to be notified if the appointment being created conflicts with an existing appointment.  If I'm creating a single appointment it's not a big deal... the problem comes in when they try to create a recurring appointment.  They have the option to create daily, weekly, or monthly appointments and I need to somehow create the appointments in memory then check for existing appointments that fall between the ranges. 

Has anyone crossed this bridge that can help me.

Thanks!
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 5:32am
Hi,

You can use DataProvider.RetrieveDayEvents to get day events and check whether are some events intersected.

Run a loop for each day in a period which you'd like to test, and check its events for intersections.

Also for next versions we may add folowing helper functions to get recurrence event instances for a requested period:
    GetOccurrences(DateTime dtFrom, DateTime dtTo) as CalendarEvents
    GetOccurrencesDates(DateTime dtFrom, DateTime dtTo) as CalendarDatesArray

They internally exist, but not exported yet.

--
WBR,
Serge
mybsys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 12:31pm
Can you tell me when this functionality will be available?  I checked the 9/14/07 release and it isn't listed.  
mybsys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:41pm
I've been a long time user of the calendar control and i'm still having problem with conflicting appointments from a recurring event.

Any progress on the new functions to get recurrences?

GetOccurrences(DateTime dtFrom, DateTime dtTo) as CalendarEvents
    GetOccurrencesDates(DateTime dtFrom, DateTime dtTo) as CalendarDatesArray

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic