Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Retail version does not work with WIN98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanyakut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retail version does not work with WIN98
    Posted: 12 May 2004 at 4:05pm

We need to deploy our software to 500 users. After several days of testing we realized that CommandBars.ocx  (version 8.6.1.0) does not work on WIN98. First I started to think that maybe our application takes too much memory or etc., so I deployed "Customizable" sample app on users machines, and the same story - does not work with WIN98.

For us it is a complete disaster because we always supported all the OS systems and now after weeks of development we have to rollback our changes...

Any ideas?

garand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 6:02pm
I just bought the Pro package and the first thing I did was test it on Windows 98 (second edition).  I had no problems, but the test was not particularly thorough.  However, I am using static linking.  I am NOT using the OCX.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 7:23am
tanyakut, download evaluation of 8.70 and test it. We changed some parts, It must work without problems.  Be sure that mfc42.dll exists on users machines
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ramadas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramadas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 8:37am
What is static linking of using ocx when deploy
tanyakut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanyakut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 10:59am

I did download the evaluation copy and it works better. Now Win98 is hanging less often.
I tried to call customer support to see if I can upgrade the software, but nobody is picking up the phone and nobody is calling me back. I need this upgrade TODAY!

Sounds like this forum is the only place where I can get some support :-(  That is scarry. 

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 11:36am

Hello,

We just spoke with you on the phone and are looking into your concerns.  As was already indicated to you on the phone, we will be contacting you this afternoon with details on where to obtain the update information.

Edited by Support
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 11:59am

Hi tanyakut -

I just spoke with customer support and they indicated that they have provided you with the information for accessing the latest update.  Sorry for the confusion and please let us know if you have further concerns.

Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
tanyakut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanyakut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 3:01pm

Thanks for all the help. The new retail version worked on ALL Windows98, NT and XP machines we tested it. Some  of the other third party controls did not survive this test.

Thanks for your help, support  and for a very stable and easy to use product!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic