Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two Ribbon Skins We Sorely Need

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Ribbon Skins We Sorely Need
    Posted: 21 May 2007 at 4:14pm
There are two types of ribbon skin that we could all use very much:

1) A skin that responds to the user's XP-style color scheme as set by the user. That way all applications across the board can have the same look, which will change when the user changes their desktop's color scheme. It just boggles my mind that this is not available.

2) A metallic appearance skin. Some people just drool over the metal look.

When Codejock puts more time into perfecting the skins they include with their controls, it would be so nice if these two skin types were given some development time.

P.S.: This web forum seems a little sluggish at times. Does anyone else have that problem?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:59am
HI, did you try Silver theme? Can be used instead metallic.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Rhogan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 4:09pm
> did you try Silver theme? Can be used instead metallic.

The silver colors is different than the true "brushed metal" look many people are looking for.

It would be nice to have a theme that corresponds to whatever theme the user has the desktop set to.
Rhogan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 4:29pm
   I think my suggestions have already been brushed under the table, so I want to add that would like for these two ribbon theme suggestions to be given more than just a passing thought. Implementing them will increase the value of your product. They are both basic and are needed by many of the programmers. These are the two needed themes:

1) A "brushed metal" skin, just like some others have also requested here. This is different than the simple "silver" theme. A "brushed metal" theme needs to be accomplished using metal-looking bitmaps. You can name this theme "Metalic".

2) A skin that responds to the user's XP-style color scheme as set by the user. That way all applications across the board can have the same look, which will change when the user changes their desktop's color scheme. It surprises me that so many apps now ignore the user-set desktop colors. You can name this theme "Desktop colors", for lack of a better name.

Please add these two themes on a list of your to-dos. Also, I would like to ask other users to append to this thread a comment about what themes they would like to see implemented.    
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:37pm

Personally I think the focus should be on tweaking the existing ribbon themes. I've seen plenty of complaints here that there are inconsistencies with the Office 2007 versions.

This is only my opinion, but I think an extra theme is a "nice to have," while accurate reproduction of the main Office themes is a must.

Remember, using the SkinFramework you can use hundreds of skins designed as Windows themes. There are dozens of brushed metal skins you can use, providing you have permission from the skin author.

Just my 2 cents :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic