Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

combo behaviour bugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: combo behaviour bugs
    Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:55pm
Hi

I have an item in a property grid that is a list of options, when someone changes the option, I reset part of the grid (i.e. they select an action, and I populate required parameters).  I do this by deleting the second item (not the first which is the action), and rebuilding it.

When using the keyboard, there are no events sent notifying change of the value when you use the up and down arrows.  When you use the mouse there are.  The user has to hit the enter key to get the selection to change and fire the event.  Not great.

Also when making selections, sometimes focus is lost off the control, which then clears the help pane etc.  And sometimes it isn't.  It shouldn't be.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 5:59am
Hi,
its designed - if you use keyboard it doesn't change value only text in edit. You need press Enter to accept or Escape to cancel it.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 9:45pm
That is not the behaviour of a normal combo box.  This will confuse users.

is there any other way I can get a notification that there is a different string showing in there?
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by adrien adrien wrote:

That is not the behaviour of a normal combo box.  This will confuse users.

you're right, but this is not really a normal combo box :)

Current behavior is correct for a propertylist dropdown though... things behave exactly the same way in Visual Studio.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 6:07pm
maybe it's only me then that gets confused by it

there still seems to be a problem with losing focus on the selected in-place control though...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic