Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MultiLanguage support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MultiLanguage support
    Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:28am
Hi,
I am trying to load multiple langauge in my application. I have created xml file which will contain the resource string.
!XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceManager(new CXTPResourceManagerXML(strPath))

is returning false the path points correctly to the XML file path.

please help

Thanks,
Sharath B
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 7:17am

hello,

Call AfxOleInit before you use XML.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
sharath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 7:58am
I have add the AfxOleInit() but the problem exists.
Should I also have a resource dll along with the xml file
sharath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 4:13am
HI Oleg,

Can please let me know how to create multilanguage resource for a new application. I saw the Scribble sample but was unable to duplicate the same in my sample application.

A step by step procedure for creating the multilangauge resource would be really helpfull.

Thanks
Sharath
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 6:49am
Hi,

Instead XML you can use DLL files. Check folder ScribbleMultiLang\Translations\Source  - you need create rc file for each resource and build corresponded dll. After you can load this dll with

XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile("PathToDll.dll");

Oleg, Support Team
Arne Ingdén View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arne Ingdén Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 6:26am
On a related note, while checking out the ScribbleMultiLang sample project, I noticed that the AFX_IDS_IDLEMESSAGE (57345) and ID_CONTEXT_HELP (57669) strings do not use the translated versions, regardless of whether the xml or dll resource is used.
I did change the project to use the Unicode charset rather than multibyte, if that could have made an impact.
I was using VS2005 with SP1 installed when building the project.

Is this a general feature, or is it something specific to that particular sample application?

Regards,
Arne I
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 8:39am
Hi,
AFX_IDS_IDLEMESSAGE/ID_CONTEXT_HELP   are MFC strings. you need switch MFC resource handlers - AfxSetResourceHandle
Oleg, Support Team
Arne Ingdén View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arne Ingdén Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 4:55am
Ok, but that would mean you will not be able to use the xml language files in conjunction with MFC resource strings if you want a fully localized application?
Wouldn't it be nice if CXTPResourceManagerXML and related stuff could extract MFC strings into a temporary resource dll (i.e. created in the user's temp folder when e.g. XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceManager is called) and automatically use AfxSetResourceHandle on that?
But maybe that's beyond the scope of the toolkit?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 7:35am
Hello,

Some resources are loaded in MFC sources and we can't replace them.

For AFX_IDS_IDLEMESSAGE  you can override
void CFrameWnd::GetMessageString(UINT nID, CString& rMessage) const
(see MFC sources)
and instead AfxLoadString(nID, lpsz)    use XTPResourceManager()->LoadString.
it will load string from XMl/DLL.
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic