Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Command Bar Customization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidbut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Command Bar Customization
    Posted: 29 April 2004 at 8:54am

I want to enable customization for button bars but not for the main menu bar. I add customization as described in the documentation, and call EnableCustomization(FALSE) for the menu bar. This correctly stops the menu bar from being customized. However, the LoadCommandBars / SaveCommandBars routines still load and save data for the menu bar. This causes me many problems eg if I add a menu item to my menu bar (before converting from a CMenu), the new command does not appear. I also change the text at run-time (to allow for different languages) and the new text does not appear. I know I can get around it by deleting the file written by SaveCommandBars, but that loses the button bar customization - I do not want our users to lose their button bar customization whenever we add a new command or when they change the language.

Can LoadCommandBars / SaveCommandBars be made to stop doing this, either by myself or you?

I am using XTreme Suite 8.61

Regards

David

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2004 at 10:00am
8.70 stored/restored only customized Toolbars.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
davidbut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidbut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 6:27am

Thanks Oleg, I have downloaded 8.70 but it does not fix my problem. I disable customization for the menu bar, but I make changes to it in my code, for example changing the language of the menu items. GenerateCommandBarList sees that the menu bar has changed so saves it anyway. This is not what I want. Is there a way around this?

David

davidbut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidbut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2004 at 5:18am

OK, do I have do fix this myself??? I assume I can edit the source code and recompile the library, but then I have to remember to do this every time I get an update. What possible reason is there for writing a complete menu bar to a file when customization is disabled?

David

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 2:27pm

add

if (!pBar->IsCustomizable()) continue;

to the

CXTPCommandBars::GenerateCommandBarList.

we will add it too.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic