Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

me.hWnd valid at program shut down?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: me.hWnd valid at program shut down?
    Posted: 07 March 2007 at 10:18am
Hello
I run into a strange problem (using VB6/SP6 under WindowsVISTA, no problem under Win2000 and XP):

To retrieve special folder locations I use SHGetSpecialFolderPath(me.hwnd,...) during program execution (e.g. for the init folder of a common dialog control).

If I set a skin - all works as expected. Then I close my app - no problem. Then I restart the app - OK. Now the program part using SHGetSpecialFolder was called - and the program hung. Only rebooting the PC helps (shuting down via task manager do not cure the situation!)

If I do not use a skin it works. I think the problem has something to do with me.hwnd...

(I can not use 0 as a hwnd because - since I use IE7 - the returned path was empty and it works only using me.hwnd under XP...)

Thanks a lot for any idea
Fabian

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 2:02pm
Hi,
Do you use last version?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 1:14am
Yes, 10.4.2

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 11:12am
Hello

I made somed more experiments. The problem has nothing to do with setting the init directory.

As soon as we use Skins and open the open file dialog, the app hangs

If we do not use Skins, all works as expected

The problem occures only under Windows Vista (Admin, XP compatibility... doesn't matter)

The CJ SDI skin sample WORKS on all plattforms

Any idea, a solution is rel. urgent
Thanks in advance
Fabian

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 11:44am
Is it possible to remove skinning only for common controls (open file dialog)? This would be better than a crash...

Thanks again
Fabian

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 3:00am

Hi,

try to understand what difference between your and our applications. Why our works and your not.  We need some sample that we can use to reproduce problem.
Oleg, Support Team
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 8:42am
Hi Oleg

Thats the problem. Our app is relatively large and I don't find a code snippet that shows this behaviour per se.

Our App was compiled as a ActiveX-EXE. Apart from CJ controls we use SaxBasic, Metadraw, Imageman and a few others.

It doesn't matter if the common controls ActiveX was hosted on the main form or not.

If we try to open a file open/save dialog (no problem with color dialog) and click on a file/folder the app hang. Sometimes we can choose some files but next time opening the dialog - hang. If the PC hangs it shows always the hourglass corsor.

Shuting down the app with the task manager - it is not possible to restart our app (no message - nothing); we have to reboot the PC.

Now I have set AutoApplyNewWindows to false and after opening the file open/save dialog we reset it to True. That works, but dialogs ar not skinned...

All problems where only present on the WinVista machine.

If I can try something, let me know
Thanks for any Idea
Fabian

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 11:42am
Hello Oleg

I found the problem. We use the SaxBasic ActiveX. As soon we place it on a form (without any coding) the app hang as soon as we call FileOpen of the common dialog controls (under Vista only and obly if skinned).

If it helps, I can send you the OCX (give me a mail address please). The product was discontinued by Sax, so they will not help

Thanks for your help

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 2:42pm
Hi,
Please send letter with zip attachment to support@codejock.com
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic