Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VB Property page and TabControl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lodep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB Property page and TabControl
    Posted: 19 February 2007 at 8:27am
Hi,

Using : VB6 and Xtrem Suite Pro ActiveX controls.

I've buy the Xtrem Suite Pro and i try tu use the "TabControl".
I put the control on my form but when i right click and choose "Properties" the dialog is shown like this :

I can't do anything : any change i make is not applied on my tabcontrol !
I've also tried to open the "TabManager" sample, same problem...

Can you help me ?

Thanks !
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 2:42am
Hello,
Is it 10.4.2 version?

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
lodep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lodep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 4:58am
It was the 10.4.0.
I've installed the 10.4.2 same problem.

Thanks.
yair-edsoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yair-edsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 12:00pm
hi,
it would be better for you to configure the tab control in code.

yair
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 1:06am
This is still a problem in verson 11.1.

Basically, the property page doesn't work and there's no way of setting tab captions etc at design time.

Of course, this CAN be done in code. But who wants to?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 9:42am
Hi,

It looks like problem with your Visual Basic. we tried in all our machhines and we dont' have another customers how reported it. Try to install Serive pack 5/6.
Oleg, Support Team
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 2:15am
I'm running VB6 SP6 on Win XP SP2.

I've just tried again with all add-ins unloaded and only SuiteControls 11.1 added. The problem remains.

The only items that work on the custom property page are Item count and Selected Item.

I'm currently getting around the problem by editing the frm files manually in notepad.

Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 3:18am

@Oleg: Did you try it on french OS? 

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:53am
Jean,  do you see same?
No I didn't try it with french OS :( 
Oleg, Support Team
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:08am
Some more info...

I just tried version 10.4.1 and all was working fine with that version.

So it wouldn't appear to be a problem with my installation (or me).

I don't know if it helps but the properties on the PaintManager and Margins tabs are not being displayed when the Property Page is opened-the controls on those tabs are completely blank (as per the screenshot the OP included). In 10.4.1 these controls were populated with the property values.

Another difference between 11.1 and 10.4.1 is the General tab - here the default Item Image property was -1 (10.4.1) and is now shown as 0. The default Selected Item was also -1 and is now 0.

I'm sorry, I never upgraded to 10.4.2 so I don't know if the problem appeared with that release.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:28am

hm. very strange. there was no changes in code at all.
May be you have both versrions installed and it try use PropertyPages from previous version?
Oleg, Support Team
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:47am
YES.

I had an older version (10.4.1) registered in my system directory. Unregistered that and re-registered 11.1 and all is ok.

Thanks for the help.
Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:09am

@Oleg: No, I did not notice the same because I had no time to work with 11.1 yet.  :(

But because we are working with German version of VS and OS I am afraid that we could have the same problem after update to 11.1.

/edit: Now I have installed 11.1 and I don't have this problem!
WinXP SP2 German + VB6 SP6 German
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic