Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to arrange views with CXTPTabClientWnd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaxemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to arrange views with CXTPTabClientWnd
    Posted: 24 January 2007 at 3:35pm
I'm using a CXTPTabClientWnd for my MDI views. Is it possible to allow the user to arrange the views like this (where each area could have multiple tabs)?

------------------------------------------
|                              |          |
|                               ----------|
------------------------------------------

Also, is it possible 'float' views above the main window of the application?

Thanks,
Jeff
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 6:46pm
Use two splitters in your frame class. That does the trick.

If you want floating views, you need docking panes.
aaxemen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaxemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 2:43pm
I'm not sure I follow you. I have an MDI application and I want the end user of that application to be able to organize their views like the described. I'm using CXTPTabClientWnd and it seems as though it only supports organizing the views horizontally or vertically - not both.

As for the second question, I want to allow the end user to take one of the MDI child views and "float" it so that they can move it to another monitor.

Are either of these things possible? I know that they are supported by other toolkits, but I want to know if I can use CodeJock for this.

If not, are these features planned for a future release?

Thanks,
Jeff
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 4:24pm
The tab control does not support this as far as I know. You need to use the docking pang classes. These support the type of floating you see in Visual Studio...
vijaymahajan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijaymahajan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 5:52am
Hello,
I am working on multiple document application.There is only one view for each document. i have implemented the xtreametoolkit library as well.
So because of CXTPTabClientWnd,there are multiple tabs appearing on the screen below ribbon bar and just above the view.Whenever user clicks on the tab,the respective view is opening.
Now my requirement is,whenever the user switch the tab, means whenever he clicks on new tab,he should save the previous document.
This i was handling on OnActivateView() event of CView.
I was just checking the bActivate parameter in this function,if it is false,i was saving the document.
But this condition fails when user do alt+tab from the keyboard. Because that time our current document becomes inactive the boolean parameter becomes false and my application asks the user to save the document.

How can i avoid this? What can be the possible solution for this case?
Please guide me accordingly.

Thanks And Regards,
Vijay.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic