Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CalendarControl Sample / .NET / Ofice 2007 Theme
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CalendarControl Sample / .NET / Ofice 2007 Theme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CalendarControl Sample / .NET / Ofice 2007 Theme
    Posted: 23 January 2007 at 9:47am
Hope I'm simply missing something, but is Office 2007 required to be installed on a machine before the Office 2007 Calendar Theme functions as expected?

Both .NET sample apps(C# or VB.NET) for the Calendar control are failing on the SetTheme() method with an exception that states "Value does not fall within the expected range."

Regards ~ jp
I like mathematics because it is not human and has nothing particular
to do with this planet or with the whole accidental universe — because,
like Spinoza's God, it won't love us in return.
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 9:59am
Codejock -
Should this be submitted as a bug?

Thanks ~ jp
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 3:40pm
Hi,

Certainly it doesn't require Office 2007 to be installed.

Do you have a few different versions of the control installed simultanuously? This might be a sourece of the problem...

Also, which version of Visual Studio do you use? We've found a small issue with samples usage in VS 2002 -- this could also be a cause.

--
WBR,
Serge
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 4:30pm
Serge -
I have a product in production and deployed that uses 10.3 - so yes, I have two different versions of the controls on my machine. Should it be possible to function correctly in this situation? What if a customer has this 10.3 product installed, then installs a new product using 10.4.1... will they encounter the same error?

Since I made my full evangelical swing over to C# and the .NET platform, one of the biggest benefits has been less versioning problems. I really look forward to the day that Codejock releases a 100% .NET product.

Cheers ~ jp

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 6:08pm
Hi,

Well, simply having 2 versions on the same PC shouldn't cause any problem. There should be always something that uses them.

Firstly, do our sample applications have the same problem on these PC's ?

Second, could you please show us a piece of code where do you call SetTheme? Also, can you check the value which is passed to SetTheme? Is it a normal object, or NULL value?

And lastly, you have to check references to controls which project do use.

--
WBR,
Serge
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 9:57am
Thanks for the reply Serge.

Originally posted by sserge sserge wrote:

Firstly, do our sample applications have the same problem on these PC's ?
Not sure. I'll look into it.

Originally posted by sserge sserge wrote:

Second, could you please show us a piece of code where do you call SetTheme? Also, can you check the value which is passed to SetTheme? Is it a normal object, or NULL value?
The problem is occurring in the C# CalendarControl sample that ships with 10.4.1 (with no changes):

CalendarThemeOffice2007 pTheme2007;
               pTheme2007 = (CalendarThemeOffice2007)wndCalendarControl.Theme;
               if (pTheme2007 == null)
               {
                    pTheme2007 = new CalendarThemeOffice2007();
                    wndCalendarControl.SetTheme(pTheme2007);
                    mnuThemeOffice2007.Checked = true;
               }

pTheme2007 is indeed a non-null COM object.

I'll let you know what comes of my tests on machines other than this one.

Cheers ~ jp
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 11:13am
Something I should add:

I've always been a bit in the dark with the COM registration procedure / registry settings. I've relied fairly heavily on InstallShield to properly install the Codejock controls on the user's machines. As far as I can tell, it's been working.

I'm now wondering if the registry settings that InstallShield makes are causing this versioning conflict... Could this be a possibility?

jp
I like mathematics because it is not human and has nothing particular
to do with this planet or with the whole accidental universe — because,
like Spinoza's God, it won't love us in return.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 5:29am
Yes, it could be possible. It actually depends on which version was installed the latest -- their COM controls will be used by default.

2 following procedures should fix the problem:
1) re-register the latest version of the Calendar control: "regsvr32 Calendar.ocx"
2) In Visual Studio remove a reference to the control and  insert it once more to the correct version.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic