Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Link error when debug XTToolkitPro with DevPartner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Link error when debug XTToolkitPro with DevPartner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Link error when debug XTToolkitPro with DevPartner
    Posted: 17 January 2007 at 9:21pm

Hi,

Our product had used the XTToolkitPro as the third-party control, and all things go well. Now we need to use another software "DevPartner" to test and imporve our coed, but when I build the program that had used ToolkitPro1011vc80D.dll with the "DevPartner", it give out link errors.

And then I also use the "DevPartner" to rebuild the samples in the XTToolkitPro, it give out the same link errors as following:

1>Linking...

1>LINK : ../../../bin/vc80/PropertyGridD.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link

1>CustomItems.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGrid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGridDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>../../../bin/vc80/PropertyGridD.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Then how can I to handle this kind of problem?

Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 1:34am
Hello,
try to rebuild sample and dll with DevPartner installed.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Joanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:43am

No, it still cannot work.

I have rebuild the dll and samples by using "Deploy.exe" of "Codejock", but when I rebuild the samples of "Codejock" with "DevPartner", it still give out the same link errors.

But when I rebuild the other programes that hadn't used "XTPToolkitPro", all things go well.

So, how can I solve this problem? In our product, we had used the "XTPToolkitPro", it works very well. But we alos need to use the "DevPartner" to test and optimize our program. So hope for your help! Thanks!

For your information, when I rebuild the "PropertyGrid" project of "Samples"   by using "DevPartner", it give out following link errors:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: PropertyGrid, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'PropertyGrid', configuration 'Debug|Win32'

1>Compiling...

1>Neither /Zi nor /Z7 is specified, instrumentation is adding /Zi

1>StdAfx.cpp

1>Automatically linking with ToolkitPro1011vc80D.dll

1>Instrumenting .\StdAfx.cpp

1>Compiling...

1>PropertyGridDlg.cpp

1>PropertyGrid.cpp

1>CustomItems.cpp

1>Generating Code...

1>Instrumenting .\CustomItems.cpp

1>Instrumenting .\PropertyGrid.cpp

1>Instrumenting .\PropertyGridDlg.cpp

1>Compiling resources...

1>Compiling manifest to resources...

1>Linking...

1>CustomItems.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGrid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGridDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence::CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence(void)" (??0CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence@@QAE@XZ)

1>../../../bin/vc80/PropertyGridD.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro 2006\Samples\PropertyGrid\GridSample\Debug\vc80\BuildLog.htm"

1>PropertyGrid - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

rmercer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmercer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Joanna Joanna wrote:

Our product had used the XTToolkitPro as the third-party control, and all things go well. Now we need to use another software "DevPartner" to test and imporve our coed, but when I build the program that had used ToolkitPro1011vc80D.dll with the "DevPartner", it give out link errors.

And then I also use the "DevPartner" to rebuild the samples in the XTToolkitPro, it give out the same link errors as following:

..snip..

Joanna,

Perhaps I misunderstand your issue, but I use DevPartner on applications that use the CodeJock libraries and have no issues.

I did not recompile the CodeJock libraries using DevPartner, and it sounds like that's what you're trying to do.

The only thing I compile with DevPartner enabled is my applications.
Joanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 7:38pm

Sorry, maybe my expression is not clear.

What I have done is follow:
We use the Codejock dll and libraries in our program, and then we need to compile our program with DevPartner enabled, but failed, and visual studio 2005 give out link errors.

And then, I want to know these errors are caused by our program or the codejock libraries, so I compile the samples of the Codejoke with DevPartner enabled, and got the same link errors.

So I came here to look for help.

And with the suggestion Oleg, I use the "Deploy.exe" to get new Codejoke libraries with my computer had installed DevPartner.

But when I went to recompile the sample project of Codejock with DevPartner enabled, the Visual Studio 2005 give out the same link errors.

So I really don't know what to do in the next.
But I am really happy to know that you had compile your applications that had used Codejock libraries with DevPartner enabled successfully. Then do you know what special things I need to do, and need to be care for?

PS:
The version of Codejock libraries I am using is ToolkitPro1011vc80D.dll and ToolkitPro1011vc80.lib.
The version of Visual Studio is VS 2005.

Thank you for your reply, and hope for your help.

Joanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 8:17pm

And, just right now, I down the latest version of XTPToolkitPro 10.4 from the website, and then compile the "Sample" project of Codejock with DevPartner is enabled, the VS give out much more link errors as following.

So I think the problem is came from the codejock libraries, and maybe just came from some latest version. Hope the support can help me solver this problem.
Thanks!

The link errors is as following:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: PropertyGrid, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'PropertyGrid', configuration 'Debug|Win32'

1>Compiling...

1>StdAfx.cpp

1>Automatically linking with ToolkitProEval1040vc80D.dll

1>Instrumenting .\StdAfx.cpp

1>Compiling...

1>PropertyGridDlg.cpp

1>PropertyGrid.cpp

1>CustomItems.cpp

1>Generating Code...

1>Instrumenting .\CustomItems.cpp

1>Instrumenting .\PropertyGrid.cpp

1>Instrumenting .\PropertyGridDlg.cpp

1>Compiling resources...

1>Compiling manifest to resources...

1>Linking...

1>CustomItems.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl::CScreenSearchBlock::CScreenSearchBlock(void)" (??0CScreenSearchBlock@CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGrid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl::CScreenSearchBlock::CScreenSearchBlock(void)" (??0CScreenSearchBlock@CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGridDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl::CScreenSearchBlock::CScreenSearchBlock(void)" (??0CScreenSearchBlock@CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl@@QAE@XZ)

1>StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl::CScreenSearchBlock::CScreenSearchBlock(void)" (??0CScreenSearchBlock@CXTPSyntaxEditCtrl@@QAE@XZ)

1>CustomItems.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor::CFMFileInfo::CFMFileInfo(void)" (??0CFMFileInfo@CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGrid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor::CFMFileInfo::CFMFileInfo(void)" (??0CFMFileInfo@CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor@@QAE@XZ)

1>PropertyGridDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor::CFMFileInfo::CFMFileInfo(void)" (??0CFMFileInfo@CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor@@QAE@XZ)

1>StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor::CFMFileInfo::CFMFileInfo(void)" (??0CFMFileInfo@CXTPSyntaxEditFileChangesMonitor@@QAE@XZ)

1>../../../bin/vc80/PropertyGridD.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v10.4 for Visual Studio 2005\Samples\PropertyGrid\GridSample\Debug\vc80\BuildLog.htm"

1>PropertyGrid - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 3:58am

Hi Joanna,

only a small hint: Could it be possible that you have more than one toolkit .lib file on your computer and that the linker takes the wrong one?

Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 6:34am
Hi,

Joanna,  try to modify library and manually add _XTP_EXT_CLASS for classes that have link problem.

For example:

replace
class CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence
to
class _XTP_EXT_CLASS  CXTPCalendarReminderForOccurrence
Oleg, Support Team
Joanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 10:44pm
Yes, according to the suggestion of Oleg, it works now.

Thank you very much!

But I have another question, does this modification will affect the other functions of Codejock library?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 5:53am
No,
_XTP_EXT_CLASS  mark classes to export functions. If class is internal we don't add _XTP_EXT_CLASS because all functions are called internally.
Strange that DevPartner  don't like it.
Think we will add _XTP_EXT_CLASS to these function in next release too.

Oleg, Support Team
Joanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 9:52pm
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic