Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this possible:MDI without initial view

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipaqlinux48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this possible:MDI without initial view
    Posted: 31 March 2004 at 5:02am

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a design session for my application. My application tries to simulate a visual studio environment. My application only uses one document at a time or no document at all (i.e. File/Close is enabled when a document is available). My document can be compared with some kind of solution explorer (i.e. represented by a treeview control). When the user double clicks on a treenode, a new view will be created and showned in the MDI frame window. The solution explorer should be attached to a pane window.

The problem is that when the user opens a document, no initial view may be created. The MDI frame window should be empt, although the solution explorer treeview control should be refreshed. When the user double clicks on a treenode, a new view is created. There can be no more views then there are treenodes. Each treenode represents a single view. These views are all children of the CXTPTabClientWnd.

I've two questions. How do I prevent that an initial view is created when a new document is created. And how do I prevent that a document is closed when the user closes all the views.

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic