Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PropertyGrid Toolbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PropertyGrid Toolbar
    Posted: 14 December 2006 at 10:18am
Is there a way to add buttons to the property grid toolbar?  I want a "reset to defaults" and "accept changes" and I don't want to wait until the user closes the box to ask them what they want to do....

Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 1:35pm

Hi, you can just use custom Toolbars as we do in most our samples. See GUI_Whidbey or DrawClient sample.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ddlittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 4:46pm
Thanks, Oleg --- I knew it was in there *somewhere*, the problem is just in the finding the right example!

- David
cglane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cglane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:21am
David, did you have any luck with this? 

I have not been able to do what Oleg suggests as the toolbar on the CXTPPropertyGrid is a CXTPPropertyGridToolBar.  This has limited functionality compared with the toolbar used in the examples (CXTPToolBar). 

To get arround this problem I have a CWnd upon which I place the CXTPPropertyGrid Control.  I then create a toolbar on the Cwnd but load propertygrid toolbar "XTP_IDR_PROPERTYGRID_TOOLBAR".  I then add my custom controls to the toolbar.  You will need to do a bit of message fowarding to the property grid.

It is a bit doogy but hey it works..

Craig..

ddlittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 10:28am
Hi, Craig,

Yes, Oleg's example worked fine - I just turned off the property grid's toolbar and inserted my on.  The "real" work is all done in the WM_SIZE handler, where it moves the property grid down depending on the height of the toolbar. 

I also have a CWnd-derived window, which has a CXTPPropertyGrid-derived member.  In my CWnd, I have an OnGridNotify that forwards messages to the grid (function follows).  It doesn't seem like much of a hack, and like you say, it works.

Regards,

- David

LRESULT CC2PaneModelProperties::OnGridNotify( WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam )
{
     if(m_gridModelPropertyEdit.GetSafeHwnd())
     {
          return m_gridModelPropertyEdit.OnGridNotify(wParam,lParam);
     }
     return 0;
}
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic