Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused about Pane Actions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused about Pane Actions
    Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:21am
Can someone explain this to me, I have 3 panes attached to the left, each bottom of the previous. They all starts in autohide possition so only the bar with tab captions are visible.

If I hover the mouse over the tab of one of these hidden (and collapsed) pane's, it expands and then collapses as the mouse move outside the pane frame. The following actions fires:

Action = PaneActionExpanding; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionCollapsing; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionCollapsed; ID =  2

Fine so far, but if I hover same tab as above and then click the Pin button in the pane caption, following actions fire:

Action = PaneActionExpanding; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionActivated; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionDocking; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionCollapsing; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionCollapsed; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionDeactivated; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionDocked; ID =  2

Then as a click the Pin button again to autohide the pane, following actions fires:

Action = PaneActionActivated; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionPinning; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionDeactivated; ID =  2
Action = PaneActionPinned; ID =  2

I don't quite understand the logic and reson for these sequense of actions? Why does Pinning and Pinned fire when I unpin the pane? It seem logic to me that if Pinned fires when I click the pin button first time, and the second time an Unpinned action would happen? At least if it now is a case of bad naming (as with Expanding/Expanded) they should both fire in sequense as I unpin but one when I Pin and one when I unpin.

Then, why is PaneActionDocking fire when clicking the Pin button, isn't the pane allready docked?

the following actions though

PaneActionCollapsing
PaneActionCollapsed
PaneActionDeactivated
PaneActionDocked

is totally ununderstandble to me in, at least the collape things. Then as it follows one simply feels lost of what actually is happening... the pane collapses but the collapse actions have already happened ??? and it all ends with the pane is pinned (acording to actions) while it actually is back in Autohide position ???

Then in the end, which is kind of annoying, the Pane that has been pinned, as getting unpinned and collapsed, it also moves below rest of the panes to become the last one. Can this be avoided in some way?

Sorry for being a pain but these actions and their names doesn't make sense to me and are extremely user unfriendly in my opinion.

/Joakim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic