Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tooltips not appearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziracote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tooltips not appearing
    Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:07pm
I'm testing the activex .ocx file for TaskPanel in visual basic 6.  I've noticed that the tooltips don't appear for any of the items.  Even on the samples provided by the Codejock developers.  Does anybody have any idea why that is?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:32am
Hello,

Try in TaskPanel hover mouse on "My Computer "and "My Document" items. Another items just have no tooltip text defined.

Here code to specify tooltip:
Item.Tooltip = "Shows the disk drives and hardware connected this computer"
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ziracote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziracote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 8:07am
Yesterday, I looked through the code to make sure I was checking for tooltips on items that had tooltips assigned to them.  Today, I checked the same items and now the tooltips are showing.  I left the computer on all night long.  So, I think the state of the computer should be the same as yesterday.  I wonder what changed in my computer so that the tooltips appear today and not yesterday. 

Since yesterday was Halloween, maybe I had some evil spirit possessing my computer :)  He must of left last night.

Will you ever expose a MouseMove event for the Task Panel?  And maybe a Hit Test to see which item the mouse is over?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 9:53am
Hi,
glad it works now :)

For 10.4 we already added HotItem property and HotItemChanged event. Think it is what you need.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic