Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Context Sensitive help(.chm) in MFC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Context Sensitive help(.chm) in MFC
    Posted: 10 March 2004 at 12:45am

Hello,

I have a Context sensitive buton on the toolbar. I ahev an application with multiple Dialogues. Presently, my help(Context Sensitive popup help) is getting activated only when I press F1. I want the same thing to happen when I click on the help toolbutton and anywhere on my application.How can I do this?

Additional info: I have used Htmlhelp workshop1.3 from microsoft for developing the help projetc. I have popup.h( which maps the control id to the help id) and popup.txt (which has the text to be displayed when the particular control is clicked).

I need detailed help coz Ive tried almost everything, but nothing worked.

Thanks,

Ann

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2004 at 1:35pm
Don't you see HelpContext sample?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
AnnJS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2004 at 10:05pm

I have seen many samples for Context sensitive help, but in all the help button(the ?) is on the title bar. If that si the case, the OnHelpInfo() function hets triggered. But my case is different. I have the help on a toolbar in the mainframe. This toolabr will be visible for during all the runtime of the application.I have to generate an event that gets activated whenever the user clicks this and anywhere else on his project.

Thanks,

AnnJS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2004 at 9:32am

I am mapping my id's as static DWORD myarray[] = {
IDC_BUTTON_EDIT, 1,
IDC_CUSTOM, 2,
IDC_STATIC,3,
};

HH_TP_HELP_WM_HELP/HH_TP_HELP_CONTEXT_MENU: No help id's matches control id #0 is the Erro message generated by the help author.

Help is displayed for IDC_BUTTON_EDIT and IDC_CUSTOM. But not for the static field. How can I display help for a static field?

I am writing the API in OnContextMenu() Function

Thakns,

Boogh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boogh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 11:11pm

Hi,

I have seen the HelpContext MDI sample and have not found it helpful. My problem is as follows:

I have  a docking frame MDI application built using latest ToolKitPro. In my different panes I have CTreeCtrls derived controls and want to be able to capture WM_CONTEXTMENU message in my own derived classes.

It appears that almost all of the messages I have tried including WM_RBUTTONDOWN gets routed appropriately, but this is not true for WM_CONTEXTMENU. Strangely enough, the member function capturing WM_CONTEXTMENU, gets called when I double click right mouse button- this of course happen when I do not capture WM_RBUTTONDOWN.

FYI, I have not modified the base code created by the wizard, and I do have context sesitive help on. Also, I have seen the message handling routines in ActivePane, and am not using it- the example is for SDI and I thing I would need to modify the child frame. Finally, I am not using the template CDockPaneWnd because when I do that scrolbars on CEdit controls do not work properly, so instead I am deriving my own classes from standard controls.

I would appreciate your input on this.

If I am missing something obvious I apologize, I have started with this for only 2 days. Please treat me as a newbie. :)

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic