Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 98 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 98 Problem
    Posted: 03 September 2006 at 2:43am
I am using the office 2007 skin on my VB6 application. I have been testing it on some operating systems, and I am having quite a bit of problems on Windows 98. I can get the application to start, but it gives me an out of memory error 7 and my error handling shows me that it comes from the form load event on the lines where the skin is applied to the forms. I passed by the error to see if anything else would happen, and it seemed to work ok. When I went to resize the form though, explorer crashed. Then, when I shut down the program I got another error, see below.

PEP2006 caused an invalid page fault in module CODEJOCK.SKINFRAMEWORK.V10.2.OCX at 0167:02978017. Registers: EAX=008ae830 CS=0167 EIP=02978017 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=02984770 SS=016f ESP=008ae818 EBP=000006bc ECX=008ae848 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=130f EDX=008ae844 ES=016f EDI=00000046 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 46 40 52 57 53 50 e8 cc fl ff ff 8b c8 e8 Stack dump: 008ea848 008ea830 00000000 008ae9ac 008ae84c 660cc25a 00000000 bfc03773 02984770 000006bc 00000046 00000000 008aebba 008ae868 bfc03757 02984770

PEP2006 is the name of my program.

I am not sure how to resolve this. I am using windows 98 on a virtual PC, so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Any help with this would be great.

EDIT: I also should add that my program is actually two programs together. The first one that runs is the registration tool, and it has the same skin, but I don't get any error. The only real difference I can see is that the registration tool only has one form, and the main program has several. I can see how that could use more memory, but I wouldn't think it would cause a crash.

Again, thank you for your help.

Ben
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 4:19pm
Is it possible to try this on a real 98 machine?  I have seen Win98 and NT crash on Virtual PC.  Try to allow at least 512 of memory to the VM.
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 8:10pm
I will see if I can find one. Thank you for your help.
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 6:34pm
I got the skin to work now, without the error. However, now I get the error when I hide form, or close the program.

I am following the examples, but there is a bit of extra stuff, and it is a little hard for me to follow what goes to what.

Here is the code I use, and this is the only code I use that is for the skins.

frmMain.SkinFramework.LoadSkin App.PATH & "\Office2007.cjstyles", ""
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmMain.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyOptions = frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyOptions Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmOptions.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyOptions = frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyOptions Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmTeacherDetails.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmPersonnelSelection.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmAbout.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmCommentSelection.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmMetricEditor.hWnd
    frmMain.SkinFramework.ApplyWindow frmAddressChange.hWnd

Am I missing anything? Also, should I be using more than xtpSkinApplyMetrics? There are two other options, do I need to use all three?

Thank you for your help.
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 11:36am
Just an update. I moved the applywindow and applyoptions lines to their respective forms, and still get the error. I only get it on Windows 98, though I haven't tested on 2000 and ME. I do not get the error on XP.

Also, these are actual machines, not virtual PC.

Thank you for your help.

Ben
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 1:53pm
If I comment out the lines of code, but leave the control on the form, I get no errors at all.

Can someone tell me if my code is correct?

Thank you.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 2:27pm
Why not just:

SkinFramework.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Styles\Office2007.cjstyles", "NormalBlue.ini"
    SkinFramework.ApplyWindow Me.hWnd
    SkinFramework.ApplyOptions = SkinFramework.ApplyOptions Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics

It will auto apply to all windows opened.
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 3:58pm

I did that originally, but it didn't apply to all windows. In fact, I even posted here in the forums about it not applying to all windows, then I discovered that I could use the applywindow to get it to work on all of my forms.

I apply the skins at the form load event. My main form loads first, then the rest. If I make too many calls, could that cause that error? Would it be better to load all the other forms first, then load the main form calling the applywindow in the form load event?

Thank you for your help.

Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 11:01pm
I tried what you suggested again, and it didn't skin all of the controls. I put all of the applywindow's in the main form and used only one applyoptions. It now loads with no error given; however, after opening and closing forms for 1-3 minutes it throws an illegal page fault in codejock.skinframework.v10.2.ocx. Then, when I close the program it throws about three more page fault errors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic