Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding combo boxes to items in the report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan4isu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding combo boxes to items in the report
    Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:19pm
Is there any way to add a combo box with different items to each row in the report control?  I am trying to use the EditOptions object in the ReportRecordItem class but it does not seem to exist on the ReportRecordItem.  Here is an example of the code that I am writing:

Dim oRecord As ReportRecord
    Dim oItem As ReportRecordItem

Set oRecord = moFormApp.rptWorkflowData.Records.Add()
    Set oItem = oRecord.AddItem(vbNullString)
    Call oItem.EditOptions.Constraints.Add("first item", 1)

-> results in error: "Object variable or With block variable not set"

If I try to set the create a new ReportRecordItemEditOptions object I also receive an error.

Set oItem.EditOptions = New ReportRecordItemEditOptions

-> results in error: "ActiveX component can't create object"

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:41pm
Before accessing EditOptions property for an item you should call CreateEditOptions -- it initializes further customization. Then access it as regular EditOptions property.

--
WBR,
Serge
ryan4isu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan4isu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 5:38pm
Thank you for the tip, I am now able to load the combo boxes exactly how I want.  My problem now is that the text doesn't change when I select a new value from the combo box.  I would also like to be able to add logic to the event that occurs when this value is changed.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2006 at 3:27pm
Text should change correctly, looks like the problem somewhere in your code. There should be something like:

Item.CreateEditOptions
    Item.EditOptions.Constraints.Add "blablabla", someValue
    Item.EditOptions.ConstraintEdit = True
    Item.EditOptions.AddComboButton

Look at ValueChanged event.

In general, look at standard ReportSample application, TaskList form (menu Test / Task List sample). It shows how to handle all those things.

--
WBR,
Serge
ryan4isu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan4isu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2006 at 6:18pm
I found out that the value was changing but the caption wasn't.  Thanks again for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic