Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lock tab position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lock tab position
    Posted: 17 May 2006 at 9:19pm

I was writing because I was curious if there was any way to lock the order of the panes in my DockingPaneManager.  I have them locked currently so I can't drag & drop windows (as per the specs I need to do this), but I need to also make it so that they are lockable.  Is there a way to do this? and I have version 9.70... is that available in that version?

Thanks!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 9:18am

hI,

Afraid in 9.70 it was not available.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
guywmustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:49am

Which version do I need to be able to lock tab movement?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:31pm
See Actions sample. You can catch action TabDetaching.
Oleg, Support Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 6:07pm

I couldn't find where you were talking about...

The only of use I can find is where it says everywhere in the code m_MTIClientWnd.SetAllowReorder( BOOL allowreorder )

How do I get access to set that?  I can't figure out how to access that method.  I've tried things similar to the samples to no avail.  Do I have to inherit something in my class?

I just need to be able to call CXTPTabManager::SetAllowReorder on my docking pane manager to disable the tab movement.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 5:03pm

Anyone know a way to prevent tabs from being moved left & right ?  I don't want them to be reordered among other tabs.

And does anyone know a working way to get access to CXTPTabManager::SetAllowReorder() from the docking pane manager?

The tutorials use GetParent(), but that does not return anything valid.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 9:53am

Hmm, seems you right and there is no method instead of overriding container/catch WM_LBUTTONDOWN etc to prevent it.

For 10.2 we added simple xtpPaneActionDragging.

Oleg, Support Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 5:45pm

Okay, cool, there is a way to prevent it.  I'll just have to get our version upgraded at some point. 

so, the xtpPaneActionDragging is just for the tab sliding back & forth for the dockingpane?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 12:33pm

Yes :)

Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic