Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPDockingPaneAutoHideWnd::OnTimer issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPDockingPaneAutoHideWnd::OnTimer issue
    Posted: 05 February 2004 at 1:21pm
We have experienced some issues with CXTPDockingPaneAutoHideWnd. It appears that at some point m_pPane gets Nulled out and OnTimer gets called. This blows up on line 193 when m_pPane is dereferenced. Anyone else experience this?
vladsch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vladsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2004 at 11:34am

I have not experienced this but it is possible. If the timing is just right and the CloseWindow is called after a timer message is posted to the window then the OnTimer will fire with the m_pPane member already cleared.

I have made a couple of modifications to the AutoHidePane/Wnd classes to smooth out the animation and get rid of the quick "flash" of the background when docking a hidden pane via the "hide/dock" button.

Incidentally this also fixes your issue because I use m_pPane == 0 to detect when the CXTPDockingPaneAutoHideWnd is supposed to delay close. Oleg told me that the animation mods I sent in were merged into the toolkit source. So they are safe to use. The flash fix is new so no verdict on that yet.

I am attaching the modified files (4) CXTPDockingPaneManager & CXTPDockingPaneAutoHidePanel both .h & .cpp. DiffReport on changes and a short description of the mods.

7D4_DockingPaneAutoHide2.zip

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic