Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Month View

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneilsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Month View
    Posted: 11 May 2006 at 1:50am
Just wondering if there is any way at all to format the month view so that it does not require as much room vertically.

My calendar is fine whilst in 4 or 5 week mode but when it goes to 6 week mode it then minimizes the events in each day.  (My calendar only ever has one event in each day).

Can anyone suggest any methods that could be used to reduce the vertical height of the control?

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 4:29pm
I would better suggest you not to show more than 5 weeks for a month view.

If a user uses DatePicker to switch calendar you can set maximum selected days to DatePicker. Also you can catch ViewChanged event to restrict more than 5 weeks for month view.

--
WBR,
Serge
dneilsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneilsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:25pm
I wish I could get away with doing that.  Unfortunately that will not work in this situation.

Is there no way to maybe change the padding of the cells?  or maybe even reduce the font size?

Here is an example of what I am using it for.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 12:59pm
Ok, I see what do you mean. Unfortunately, for a current version this is not possible.

With the new versions soon there will be available more flexible fonts and colors customization, and you'll be able to decrease fonts.

In additional, we'll consider your idea about customization of extra spaces as well. But this task is for future.

As a kind of a workaround I can also suggest to add custom scroll bars near each calendar. Set weeks count to 4 or 5, and user will be able to scroll Calendar for a few weeks to see begin or end of the month. Also you can try to use mouse wheel scrolling for that purpose.

--
WBR,
Serge
dneilsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneilsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 6:24pm
Yeah, I am not really using the control for what it is designed for  :)

It works quite well for the purpose, but a few formatting facilities would go a long way to making it easier to work with.

Things like:
- Being able to custom shade the cells (ie. weekends)
- Transparent and borderless event labels
- Layout of labels within cells
- Cell Padding
- Font Sizing

Still a great control as it is though and saved me many hours of time :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic