Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ActiveX DLL Skinning Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ActiveX DLL Skinning Issues
    Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:56pm

This one is complicated, but I am sure I am not the only who codes this way.  Take the following scenarios

Main EXE application has Skin Framework on one form.  All other forms within the EXE skin properly.  When there is a tab control hosting a Picture Box and a Check Box the EnableThemeDialogTexture works just fine and the backcolor of the check box is correct.

If you use activex dll's or Exe's with forms the skin is passed to the these forms as well.  This is great, however, when you have the tab control problem you cannot EnableThemeDialogTexture and thus the backcolor of the Check box is incorrect. 

I have tried the following:

Added Skin Framework control to the form in the DLL.  I can then skin the form correctly.  Works fine with both applications in design mode.  If the DLL is run binary then when the form unloads the Skin on main exe is lost. If both apps are binary a hard crash occurs.

Added an event from the DLL to request skin support from the main exe.  After passing back the hwnd portions of the picture box pain correctly, but others do not.  Just to inconsistent.

Added another picture box to house just the Check Box, and used the same event above to request skin support but the new picture box is not skinned at all.

Anybody else seeing these types of issues?

Since I am not applying any actual background textures all I really need is to be able to set the BackColor of the Check box and have render properly when a skin is applied. 

To me these issue are serious and will prevent me from deploying Skin Technology in my application.

Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:04am

John, you will save us a lot of time  if create new application, recreate architecture (like Client/ActiveX), reproduce problem and attach it here.

Thank you

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:38am

2006-04-18_113632_SkinControls.zip

The attached zip file is a modification on your Skin Controls sample.  There is a new folder with a compiled ActiveX dll that demos the problems.  This one does not do the hard crash when run in binary, the skin on the host exe is lost. 

Let me know what else I can do to help

Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:20pm
Hello,
I afraid you can only remove second SkinFramework from ActiveX and comment EnableThemeDialogTexture for PictureBoxes - anyway static text can't be drawn on PictureBox with Enabled Texture.
Oleg, Support Team
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:21pm
You can choose BackColor of PictureBoxes to match theme colors.
Oleg, Support Team
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 11:27am

The problem occurs if you set the backcolor of the picture box to something other then a system color like Button Face.  When you do this the back color of the Check Box does not change even though you explicitly assign it a color.  It stays with the forms default backcolor.  In addtion, even changing the forms backcolor does not effect the backcolor of a check box. 

Can this be fixed?

Regards

John Layton
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 11:50am

This form is in ActiveX Dll and the host app is skinned using the Royale Theme.  The BackColors have all been set in code, but the check box does not paint correctly.

Regards

John Layton
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 1:25pm

Can I please have some feedback from CJ on this issue?  Is it something you are trying to fix in the next release or am I out of luck?

Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:07am

Yes, we confirm this problem, trying to find solution for 10.2

Thanks

Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic