Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m in DLL Hell!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m in DLL Hell!
    Posted: 10 April 2006 at 1:23pm
We redeveloped a product using Codejock Command Bars v9.81 last month, and everything was fabulous.

A couple weeks ago, we started receiving reports from our customers that they are receiving Error 429 (You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality) when running our software.

We troubleshot it for a few days, and found that the problem occurs whenever a certain other piece of software that also uses v9.81 Commandbars gets installed.

Although both the DLLs are labeled v9.81, there is a 1k size difference between them. I contacted the developer of the other program, and he informed that that you guys had released some sort of Win98 fix, and that was the version he was using.

Our software and their software cannot co-exist on the same machine. Our mutual customers are forced to run regsrv32 for the appropriate DLL each time they want to use one or the other.

So, I recompiled our software using said Win98 fix, but the problem remains.

I went ahead and upgraded our software to v10.1, thinking this would eliminate the problem (our software using 10.1, the other software using the "win98 fix" version of 9.81, but the problem still exists!

So now, if our software is installed (with 10.1), and a user installs this other product (with 9.81), our software stops functioning with the above listed 429 error.

This is getting so dang frustrating! Do you guys have any advice? What specifically causes the "You do not have the appropriate license for this functionality" error in a compiled program?

The development environment for both programs is VB6. Let me know if I can provide any additional information...

Marc
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 2:31pm

Hello,

1. yes we send some fix, but asked not destribute it :(

2. Thank you, you are right, we forgot to change GUIDs for this release. We will publish update 10.1.1 in the end of the week. Thanks.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
marcq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 4:15pm
Oleg -

Any word on update 10.1.1 with the new GUIDs? I'd like to be able to tell my customers something...

Thanks,
Marc
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:59am

Sorry, Marc, on this week it will be really released.

Oleg, Support Team
marcq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:22pm
Hi Oleg,

Another week, and we're still waiting. I don't want to be a pain, but I've got customers who are really getting anxious. Those with software that uses Commandbars v9.81 and software that uses Commandbars v10.1 installed to the same machine have to choose one or the other to run properly, and have to play the regsvr32 game whenever they want to run the other one.

Please - I'm begging you - give us an update so our customers can be happy.

Marc
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:47pm

Hello,

Create Issue in issuetrack  and I will attach it for you in moday , if we won't release today or tomorrow.

Oleg, Support Team
marcq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 5:25pm
Oleg,

I've entered a bug report through https://www.codejock.com/support/bugreports.asp

I'd really, really appreciate it if you could give me a more accurate release date for 10.1.1.

Thanks in advance,
Marc
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 5:45pm

Hello,

See main page. It was released 24th.

Oleg, Support Team
marcq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 7:59pm
That's great!

I guess I was expecting an email annoucement... thanks for being so responsive!

Marc
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:53am
I though you all might be interested to know that Merge Modules will now me included in 10.2.

http://www.codejock.com/support/articles/com/general/g_2.asp
marcq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 12:11pm
Yes, thank you for that!
SteveDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:40am

Re: I’m in DLL Hell!

I use a product from Desaware called Version Stamper that has elminated all my DLL conflict problems. One real plus is it is available with the C++ Source code.

SteveDude

marcq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 12:58pm
Thanks Steve - I'll check it out!

Marc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic