Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

message box problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: message box problem
    Posted: 08 April 2006 at 9:48am

Here's a wierd one.

if a reference is made to the skinframework but a skin isn't loaded message boxes unload themselves after a couple of seconds.

ie:

1. start new project vb6

2. place command button on form

3. place this code in form initialize event

Private Sub Form_Initialize()
SkinFrameworkGlobalSettings.License = "Skin Framework Control Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Codejock Software" & vbCrLf & "PRODUCT-ID: Codejock.SkinFramework.ActiveX.v10.1" & vbCrLf & "VALIDATE-CODE: xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx"

End Sub

4. place this code in command button click event

Private Sub Command1_Click()
MsgBox "hello", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "test"
End Sub

5. run application click command 1

6. message box appears and disappears again after a couple of seconds without being clicked.

please help

Thanks

Alan

aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 10:21am

Actually looking further it seems that you just have to place the control on the form to get the problem. Also the only way to get rid of the problem seems to be to remove the control altogether and reboot the machine.

this has been tested on xp pro and home.

Alan

aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 11:15am
just wondering if you've come up with anything on this one?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 3:59pm

Please attach project with this sample. We can't reproduce it.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 8:50pm

hi

the project was a test which consisted only of the code shown in my earlier post in this thread, one form with a standard vb command button and the skinframework ocx (no other contols other than the normal default objects had been added to the project). the problem only occurs when NO skin is loaded. it also transfers to message boxes generated by the vb6 IDE when in design mode. the problem only seems to affect the instance of vb running the test. if i open up a second instance of vb with a different project it all works ok as do other applications. i didn't have the problem with beta 2. I have compiled the software with install shield and installed it on other machines and the same thing happens. we are about to release a beta of our latest app which is why we purchased the skinframework so we would be really grateful for a rapid solution.

regards

alan

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 7:43am

Hi,

Alan, we can't reproduce it, so may be your os have some specific product installed that can influence it.... May be windowblinds or something.

Please send us as much information as possible - sample app, steps to reroduce, screenshots, OS specification etc.

Oleg, Support Team
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 4:28pm

Hi Oleg

How would you like me to send files etc to you?

Alan

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 7:44am

Hi,

You can attach them here or send to support@codejock.com

Thank you

Oleg, Support Team
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 4:59pm

hi Oleg

did you receive the stuff i sent to support re this problem?

Alan

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:08pm

Hmm.. didn't you receive email? I attached you fixed ocx to test. Pleae login to issue track and chek issue 8277

https://support.codejock.com/Issue_View.asp?IssueNbr=8277

We fixed it and preparing 10.1.1 with this fix. Thanks for help!

Oleg, Support Team
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 5:06am

Hi Oleg

Sorry but I couldn't login to download this link as I haven't recieved a user name and password to do so. I think this is probably my own fault as when I submitted the support form I think that my email address may have had a period after it by mistake. Is it possible to resend the ocx to alan@gold42.com

Kind regards

Alan Burgess

Josef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 1:29pm
Hello Oleg,

i have the same problem. it also appears in compiled programs and in the IDE if a VB-IDE error message box comes up.

I'd like to get the fixed version too, but the support server is not reachable.

Thank you,
Josef Lindinger
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:42am
I have also noticed the same problem.  All sorts of message boxes close after afew seconds.  When will the fix be GA?
Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 12:59pm

ok, 10.1.1 comming on this week. Please wait it a little.

To reset password/username write to sales@codejock.com

Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic