Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot Customize SplitButtonPopup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Customize SplitButtonPopup
    Posted: 29 January 2004 at 12:06pm

Xtreme Suite ActiveX 8.61 is supposed to include support to display SplitButtonPopup controls with both Image & Caption (previously only one or the other could be displayed).

If you try to customize a SplitButtonPopup control that is already on a toolbar (i.e. Select 'Customize', then right-click the control to be customized), the options for 'Default Style', 'Text Only', and 'Image and Text' are still disabled.

Screen print attached using the 'Customizable' sample project; D8D_customize_bug.zip

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2004 at 12:14am
For some reason I couldn't get your screen shot to display.  But I know in the Dynamic popups and SDI samples they have split button popups added via code.  It is pretty easy to add icons next to the controls this way.  Look add the Font color selector split button popup in the SDI example.  The downside is that you can't customize a toolbar via the add/remove buttons popup at the end of the toolbar if it is created via code.  So if you must be able to customize the toolbar with the add/remove popup, then you will have to design the command bar in the Xtreme command bar designer, like in the customizable sample.   But you can just as easily add the buttons to the toolbar and hide/unhide them to get the same effect when creating the command bar via code.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2004 at 7:31am

Hi SuperMario,

I'm not sure why you couldn't see the screen print because it's just a BMP file stored in a ZIP file.  The bug I'm referring is actually from the Customizable sample project. The problem is that the customizer hasn't been updated to recognize "Image and Text" as a valid display mode for a split button popup.  Prior to 8.61, this was the proper functionality.  Now that you can display "Image and Text", Codejock just needs to update this part of the code.  They never responded back to this post, so I hope this still gets resolved in 8.62.

I appreciate your feedback anyway,

Boyd

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic