Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPTabClientWnd 8.51/8.6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPTabClientWnd 8.51/8.6
    Posted: 14 January 2004 at 6:23pm
In 8.51 you had the ability to attach and detach the CXTPTabClientWnd as many times as you wanted. In 8.6, if you attach and then detach you blow up on the next time you call attach again without restarting the app. I would like the ability to attach and detach as many times as the user wants without needing to restart the app.
Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2004 at 8:01am

Remove the line

m_tab.m_pTabClientWnd=NULL;

in CXTPTabClientWnd::Detach().

vladsch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vladsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2004 at 7:44pm

I am not sure removing the line will solve JamesC's problem. I tried Attaching and Detaching the CTXTabClientWnd in my app and it works fine as is. So the blow-up is probably for a different reason.

I also modified the GUI_OneNote sample to Detach and Attach the CTXTabClientWnd via a toolbar button and it works too. You have to make sure that CTXTabClientWnd is not attached when you try to attach it. Here is the code I used to toggle attach/detach

if (m_MTIClientWnd.IsAttached())
      {
         m_MTIClientWnd.Detach();
      }
      else
      {
         m_MTIClientWnd.Attach(this);
      }

JamesC can you be more specific about where it blows up? Is it in MFC or XTreme Classes?

JamesC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2004 at 12:38pm
vladsch, what version are you running? the problem was fixed in 8.61 but was occuring when switching from 8.51 to 8.6. By removing that line in 8.6 it did actaully fix the issue. Thank you for your response though.
vladsch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vladsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2004 at 1:38pm
Yes, I am running 8.61 that explains why I did not see it in my version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic