Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ActiveX and dBase Plus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caninesoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ActiveX and dBase Plus
    Posted: 02 January 2006 at 12:53pm

We're using the ActiveX Suite with dBase Plus, and it works perfectly in the development environment.  My problem is when I try and move it to our test environment.  I can't get the licensing to work properly.  I can't seem to get the control to recognize the TaskPanelGlobalSettings object.  dBase loads the ActiveX prior to running the onOpen method of the form (so I can't put it there).  I've even tried creating a global object with "TaskPanelGlobalSettings = new OBJECT()" with no luck.  What would be the code for dBase Plus to instantiate the TaskPanelGlobalSettings object?

I've looked in the Visual Basic samples, but can't find the creation of the TaskPanelGlobalSettings object so I can license the control in our application.

I've also tried placing the .lic file into the same directory as the .ocx file, and that works fine.  I know this is against the license agreement, so we're not going to do that.  We wanted to test it to make sure the control worked in our application.

Also, is it possible to rename the .ocx file to something shorter?

Any help will most appreciated.

Chuck Spafford
cspafford@caninesoftware.com
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 1:45pm

Try to create TaskPanelGlobalSettings  using its ProgId:

for 9.81:

"Codejock.TaskPanelGlobalSettings.9.81"

for all previous

"Codejock.TaskPanelGlobalSettings"

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
caninesoftware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caninesoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 5:33pm

All of these failed:

I create a global "_app" object with:

_app.TaskPaneGlobalSettings = new OleAutoClient("Codejock.TaskPanelGlobalSettings.9.81")
_app.TaskPaneGlobalSettings.License = TaskPanel Control Copyright (c) 2003-2005 Codejock Software" + chr(13) + "PRODUCT-ID: XCB-ESD-ACTX-9600" + chr(13) + "VALIDATE-CODE: XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX"

I tried creating the object as being part of the form:

form.TaskPaneGlobalSettings = new new OleAutoClient("Codejock.TaskPanelGlobalSettings.9.81")
form.TaskPaneGlobalSettings.License = TaskPanel Control Copyright (c) 2003-2005 Codejock Software" + chr(13) + "PRODUCT-ID: XCB-ESD-ACTX-9600" + chr(13) + "VALIDATE-CODE: XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX"

Where exactly does the control look for the license object?  Does the ".license" part need to be an object, or text attached to the form.TaskPaneGlobalSettings object?

-- Chuck

Chuck Spafford
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 12:44am

Sorry, I can't test it because I have no dBase, and officially we don't support not Microsoft Platforms.

If you use 9.60 version, try this progid "XtremeSuiteControls.SuiteControlsGlobalSettings"

and instead chr(13)   try

chr(13) + chr(10)

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
caninesoftware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caninesoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 12:11pm

When I drop the control onto my form within dBase, there is a "license" property added to the control.  It looks likes this:

fDI@KADWfJKQWJIfJU\WLBMQ
F fJA@OJFNvJCQRDW@(/uwjapfqlafJA@OJFN fDI@KAD W dFQLS@} S (/sdiladq`fja`aa`|pac

Is it possible to add the license information as a property of the control as opposed to a separate object?

Chuck Spafford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic