Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Active Pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active Pane
    Posted: 05 January 2004 at 2:40pm

Is there a way to get the properties of the Active Pane.

On moving Panes to different locations, I need the left,top so I can place controls to the new location the pane has moved to.

I am using VB.

Thanks

robs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2004 at 7:10am

shaheen,

You don't need the properties of the pane to do this. You just tell the pane which form to hook to with the .Handle property and the pane takes care of the rest.

So, the only thing you need to worry about is placing controls on your form like you normaly would. No matter where a pane is moved to, the left and top properties of the form  never change. Most of the time these properties will be 0,0.

Good Luck.

shaheen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2004 at 12:00pm

I am using Panes to organize Frames on the same form.

My third party control moves dynamically based on the text box that has focus.I get the left,top of the frame to set the focus of the control. If I move the pane/frame, I need to get the new location so the control can move accordingly.Is this possible

I used GetClientRect but it does not give me the right coord

Thanks

robs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2004 at 3:40pm

shaheen,

Sorry I couldn't help you. I don't know if these properties are available or not. It still seems to me though, that the left and top properties you need would be relevant to the container (form) and it's controls rather than the screen. Are you using a form for your container (the .Handle property)?

good luck

shaheen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2004 at 11:54am

I am using the Frame.Handle as my container.

What I need is the left , top of the container and its new values when the container is moved

Thanks for your help

robs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2004 at 10:34pm

shaheen,

1. When I use a frame for my container, passing Frame.Handle, my left and top property never change. They are always 0,0 unless the pane is docked, then 0,300 (300 units for the titlebar).

2. If Oleg or someone from Codejock doesn't have a better answer for you, you could try subclassing. Take a look at http://www.vb-helper.com/tutorial_subclassing.html for starters. I don't know what your skill level is, but I would recommend saving your work often when subclassing.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic