Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CommandBars v9.80 VB6 MDI bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CommandBars v9.80 VB6 MDI bug
    Posted: 25 November 2005 at 8:02pm
CommandBars v9.80 VB6 MDI bug
CommandBars control placed on an MDI form causes any other control with an align property to disappear from the MDI form. Any chance of a fix?
vb1to6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vb1to6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 11:58am

This may just be an undocumented feature and not a bug.

On way I have overcome the issue you bring up is to set the zorder of the other controls to zero (after loading the toolbar and status bar) and then the other controls appeared in their expected spot for me.

FWIW, I noticed that if I was not careful in how I worked with the MDI status bar…and I set a MDI child window state property to maximized…I would need to compensate for the height of the status bar on the MDI form by placing a picture box control set to the height of the MDI status bar onto the child form or else third party controls like VS elastics did not fill the child form correctly. It was almost like the MDI status bar somehow made a maximized MDI child form scale height larger than the MDI main form scale height by exactly the height of the MDI form status bar. In this solution, the picture box on the MDI Child was off screen at all times; it is like the picture box somehow sits behind the MDI main form status bar.

yemo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 1:50pm
>> set the zorder of the other controls to zero

OK. Tried that, and it DOES display the other controls. Prob is though that they size all the way to the top of the screen and get obscured by the height of the commandbars control. If there was an API call to set the top of these other controls to the height of the commandbars control then there wouldnt be a prob I guess.

Should be an easy fix for the developers(?)
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 4:15am

Hello,

Try call MoveAlignedControl method for each aligned control in RepositionAlignedControls handler.

Private Sub CommandBars1_RepositionAlignedControls(Left As Long, Top As Long, Right As Long, Bottom As Long)
    CommandBars1.MoveAlignedControl tbToolBar, Left, Top, Right, Bottom
End Sub

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
yemo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 4:39am
Thanks Oleg. That fixed it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic