Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with CustomControl in 9.80

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with CustomControl in 9.80
    Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:57am
Hello

Today I change my demo version ( 9.70 ) to the 9.8 ( Xtreme toolkit pro ) in my application and i have some problem with CustomControl on command bars.

I doesn't make change on my command bar object before i compiled my application with 9.80

In a commandbar I have some CustomControl like combobox, editbox. For the combobox i'm overide Drawitem function. The combobox inherit form CXTPFlatCombobox. With 9.70 combobox for instance draw my own stuff but now the comboxbox draw like CXTPControl and doesn't take my drawing sequence. it's look like this :

For creatin my control i make like that :

if ( lpCreateControl->nID == IDW_COMBOALIGNEMENT )
        {
            m_ComboAlignement.Create( WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST|CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED,
            CRect(0,0,140,200), this, IDW_COMBOALIGNEMENT );

// Init alignement
            m_ComboAlignement.AjouteAlignements(); ->own stuff
            m_ComboAlignement.SetFont(&XTAuxData().font);
            m_ComboAlignement.SetWindowContextHelpId( IDW_COMBOALIGNEMENT );

CXTPControlCustom* l_Control = (CXTPControlCustom*)CXTPControlCustom::CreateObject();
            l_Control->SetFlags( xtpFlagManualUpdate );
            l_Control->SetControl( &m_ComboAlignement );

lpCreateControl->pControl = l_Control;

the inherit of my combo box :

class CComboAlignBox : public CXTFlatComboBox

the draw item function doesn't call the drawitem's CXTFlatComboBox function.

Before I launch my application i deleted files for savecommandbar and loadcommandbar.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cédric

Edit : i put a small project whith my problem

2005-10-28_032452_CustomCmbBox.zip

Edited by Cedric
Cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 3:25am
no idea ?? 
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 6:10am

Hello,

We agree this bug, that last version of CXTFlatComboBox don't support OwnerDraw styles.

I recommend you to use "native" CXTPControlComboBox to allow customization of combo by user to move/copy/copy to menu bar and support all build-in themes.

See sample:2005-10-28_060940_CustomCmbBox.zip

Sorry about bug, we will try to fix it for next release.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 8:22am
Thanks for this help i'm integrating your code and it's works fine. I notice your advice but do you know a date for the release ?
Cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 11:32am
The combo works fine thanks again. But we have some problem with an edit control with vertical scroll. The arrow of scroll appear only when the edit have more than 1 line. This problem wasn't here in 9.70.

How can i handle this ?
Cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 4:33am
We have a solution. In fact the Edit was an XTFlatEditEdit control and scroll button appears only when we click on button. And when we remove flat style on the edit scroll button appear well.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 11:24pm

Hello,

The problem that you reported with the combo box has been corrected with v9.81 release.

Regards,
Codejock Support

kanitamildasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanitamildasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hello,

The problem that you reported with the combo box has been corrected with v9.81 release.

Regards,
Codejock Support

Hi,

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=527&KW=se tliststyle

I am using 9.81 Pro

Xtreme ToolkitPro 12.1.1
Win XP (32bit) - SP2
Visual C++ 6.0 SP 6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic