Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ReportRow & ReportRecord

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehran20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ReportRow & ReportRecord
    Posted: 01 October 2005 at 10:47am

Well, I tried but I could not find anything to show me the difference between CXTPReportRecord and CXTPReportRow.

When should I use Record and when should I use Row?

Thanks,
Mehran Ziadloo

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 8:50am
Hi Mehran,

Briefly, Record is a bunch of data stored by the Report control. Some data pieces (items) could be quite large, so Record objects do not "run" across the memory. Its main responsibility is to maintain the data inside.

Row is a piece of visual interface. It processes record drawing, user mouse and keyboard events. Rows could be rebuilt frequently inside the Report control depending on currently specified Grouping, Sorting, Hiding and other options. Each regular row has an associated Record. But there are other kinds of rows -- for example Group Rows. They implement another specific behavior.

So if you'd like simply access the data inside the Report control -- you should work with Records.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic