Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TabControl - Key Navigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TabControl - Key Navigation
    Posted: 04 July 2005 at 2:31am

Hello,

is there any way to disable Keynavigation in v9.7?

This is a new Feature, but there is some strange behavior with it.

If i click into any textbox in a Form of the TabControl, then press *right*, *left*, *end* etc. the next (last, etc.) tab gets selected instead of moving the cursor in the textbox.

I really hope you can help me!

thank you!

jamesblast View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 7:34am

this really seems to be a bigger problem, than i thought.

if i navigate by key through the tabs, even DISABLED Tabs get selected and their content displayed!!!!

that sould not be, as log as i cant activate a tab by *click* i should not be able to activate it!

is this a bug? please respond!

thank you!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 10:36am

as i wanted this fixed, i tried something myself. but without any result.

BUT, i figured out, that even invisible tabs are reachable with keynavigation.

add this line to the tabmanager sample after the pagemargin tab is added, then start the app, click onto the first tab, and press *right* untill you reach the hidden tab.

TabControl.Item(4).Visible = False

please fix this by an enable/disable option for keynavigation, and the enabled/visible thing mentioned.

also, in my application (MDI) the focus gets onto the tabcontrol (for keynavigation) after clicking the app in the taskbar. after that i cannot move the cursor in any textboxes.

thank you

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 2:37am

Hello, thank you for this details,

We fixed problem with diasabled and hidden tabs and tring to reproduce first and last problems

Tkank you. I think we will release 9.71 with some fixes.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 2:56am

thank you!

reproduction for the focus problem:

i createted a simple form, then form2, form3.

add the form2+3 to the tabcontrol on form1.

some textboxes into form2 or 3. then, if i try to move the cursor in the textboxes, the tabs switches!

i could mail this sample project to someone.

please tell me, I got one download left (and a few days), what happens, when (when?) 9.71 is released? thank you!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 11:59pm

i did not see this problem with 9.6.

I dont understand your other advice! What sould be used as pages of TabControl? What about Microsoft Tabstrip?

Please explain this more clearly. Because this is a very important and complex part for my software!

thank you!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 11:59pm

Can you recheck if it worked with 9.60?

The problem can be in embedded forms, we suggest to all to use controls on same form (PictureBoxes) as pages of TabControl instead of forms. Or use it as microsoft tabstrip - manually update Visible property of pages. As advantage it will preserve tab order of full form.

Oleg, Support Team
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:29am
please note, that my last post is one before yours!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:03am

hello again.

is there any news or new developemts

or - if not yet- could you post a more clear description of what to do, to avoid this?!

i hope you can help me!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 6:05am

2005-07-08_060525_TabSample.zip

As I said we suggest to use controls from same form as tabs. See attached sample.

Oleg, Support Team
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 6:19am

hello again.

thank you for this sample.

but, this might work, but I cant take all my controls to one form. Thats the reason why I implemented codejocks tabcontrol, to add other forms!

Even if i wanted to: if i am right, there is a 255 controls limit per form, i dont want to hit this limit. except that i took the big form apart to multiple forms, after buying your controls.

Please tell me: Will you fix this (soon)??

thank you

progame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 6:30am
the same trouble for me, pls fixed it .
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 6:58am

Hello again,

any news on this? are you working on something for this? can I expect an update?

I relly hope you can answer me!

thank you!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 7:11am
You can open new issue, I will send you Updated ocx to test.
Oleg, Support Team
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 7:25am

i already did some time ago, please check:

issuno # 5340

please send me the ocx and what to do!

thank you!

Edited by jamesblast
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesblast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 3:21am
hello again,

can you tell me the status of 9.7_1?

those bugs need to be fixed (officially)

thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic