Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [solved] QAT controls won't draw with Office 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[solved] QAT controls won't draw with Office 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [solved] QAT controls won't draw with Office 2013
    Posted: 01 December 2017 at 10:43am
We have upgraded to V 18.0.1. We use the office 2013 ribbon theme. Now I have yet another "breaking" change in this upgrade. CXTPRibbonbar::DrawCommandBar used to call the Draw method on the controls on the QAT. But now there is a CXTPRibbonOffice2013Theme::DrawQuickAccessControl.

In that method, the code looks to see if the control has an icon. If it does not, it simply exits! The result is the customers that have QAT entries that have text but no icon see nothing. There are just big gaps where the controls would draw. The measure/sizing code cares nothing about the icon not existing and measures the text size, hence the gaps I see where the controls should be drawing.

IN V17, like with Microsoft Office 2013, controls that only have text would draw the text just fine. So why has CJ broken something that has worked for a number of years? Is this a bug? If so, is it fixed in a later release like 18.3?

Breaking changes like this are quite frustrating :( Upgrading CJ should be as smooth as upgrading to a new Visual Studio MFC version.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 4:59pm
I just traced another problem down where users are claiming they cannot see the drop arrow on popup controls we build into the QAT. Our undo/redo (added out-of-the-box) to the QAT have no drop arrows. You can click where they reside and the control will pop. If I customize and add a popup control from the ribbon to the QAT, you can see the same thing. My code change to DraqQuickAccessControl where I comment out all the code except the call to pControl->Draw fixes that too. The user work-around until I roll this out is to move the QAT so it is below the ribbon.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 10:03pm
Hello rdhd,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have added this to our task list for next release.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic